Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish over dusting?

TheCarBarber

Question

After completing the round of SSR, the finished panels have a decent amount of dust gathered on them. Do I need to do anything about this before starting SHR or is it fine to just polish right over the dusting?

thanks

Also, my green pad is tearing off of its backing. i have seen a previous thread about this happening. I will wait and see if any of my other pads do it also because then I will know if it was due to error in my method or a defective pad.

11 answers to this question

man, apparently i forgot everything i learned from watching the junkman videos a while back. just took another glance and I was def using too much pressure and too much product =[

i guess you learn every time!

since I used too much SSR the first round, I have alot of dusting on the glass as well. After which step is the best time to clean this off? Just before the MSW so it cant settle on the paint while the MSW is curing?

With the heat here in SE/SC PA this weekend I noticed extra dusting of product from my pads. I concentrated the misting of DS to the outside edges of the pad to help keep things moist.

I used the California Duster when it seemed I had more dust on the car than I wanted.

So I worked all through the night and was so excited when I finished FMP. Then all I would have to do is MSW and i could finally go to sleep, right? Wrong. It took me almost 3 hours to knock down the polish. Around all the tape I had covering cracks and rubber there formed hard lines of dry polish. Any way to avoid this? Also, next time when I get down to the FMP stage, I'm going to knock down the panel after I do it instead of finishing the car and then going for it because even that was kinda hard to remove. I was probably moving slow after having been detailing all night, but still it was such a chore to try to take off that polish.

it was most likely from my first round of the SSR. that go around covered my car with dust, but the following polishes with the correct methods hardly dusted at all.

car looks fantastic! ill post a couple pics after i hit it with BG and APW either tonight or tomorrow

Archived