Is the PC my next step?

GaresTaylan

Question

Hey everyone. I just recently made my 3rd Adam's purchase. I just picked up:

-Turbo Stick drill attachment

-Fire hose nozzle & shut of valve

-Quick disconnect kit

-Gallon of shampoo to compliment the foam gun I just received

I have had this car since late April. Prior to this I have never owned a black car. If anything, having a black car has made me appreciate Adam's even more. But since owning it I still have not done a clay and wax.

On my previous vehicles I always just did a basic clay and wax by hand. Nothing too extensive. My question is - is the PC right for me or would I be ok with a hand polish kit? I do have some swirls and light scratches. I blame this on the dealership's washing of the vehicle when I picked it up as I am very careful during my 2 bucket wash.

The PC kit is a pretty large investment. The Premium Hand Polish & Car Wax kit is around $130 where the basic PC kit is $260. Double the price.

While the long term investment may be the way to go - I do need to be somewhat more financially responsible with additional purchases (just paid off wedding & honeymoon, for example). Is the PC kit really the way I should go regardless? Should I be looking at a larger kit?

Thoughts?

11 answers to this question

With a black car, I can pretty much guarantee you that a PC will be worth it. I would highly recommend the $330 Polisher kit. Big dollars, but a black car....a weekend with the PC, some Brilliant Glaze and some Americana and your life will never be the same.

X2 I just finished my first detail with the PC. You can't get results as good by hand. I's a good little machine and you really can't hurt the paint unless you drop to polisher on it. The Flex is up next for me.

PC FTW!!! Once you master that, you can move up to the Flex if you desire it.

I washed my wifes Enclave last night and then tossed on a third application of MSS real quickly using the PC.

Chris

don't waste your time doing it by hand. I know that Adam probably sells it to be more newb friendly/cheaper, but it really is a complete waste for someone with a black car. Heck, I'm so lazy I wouldn't even want to wax my wife's white suv by hand. :lol:

Joe, Buy the biggest kit that you can afford. You save money when buy kits, once you start using Adam's you are going to want all of the Products, they all work great as you probably know by now! BTW I love your car!!:burnout:

Thanks. I have been loving every minute of owning it. :2thumbs:

Well, I would say that the verdict is pretty unanimous. I'm lucky that I have a wife that is forgiving when I spend money. :D

Sounds like I have an Adam's Complete Porter Cable Kit in my future. Hopefully she stays forgiving! :D

This is where I stand so far with my purchases:

-Adam's Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner & Glass Sealant Combo w/ a FREE Bonus App and FREE Bonus Glass Towel

-Adam's EZ-Fill Threaded Funnel

-Adam's Waterless Car Wash-16oz

-Adam's Car Wash Trio

-Adam's Microfiber Waterless Wash Waffle Towels-2 Pack

-Adam's Detail Spray Collection

-Adam's Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towels-2 Pack

-Adam's In & Out Spray Dressing

-Adam's Glass Cleaner Gallon Refill

-Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush

-Adam's Wheel & Undercarriage Kit

-Adam's In & Out Spray Dressing

-Adam's Car Wash Shampoo 1 or 5 Gallon-1 Gallon

-Adam's Ultimate Fire Hose Nozzle w/ a FREE Shut Off Valve

-Adam's Brass Quick Disconnect Kit

-Adam's Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool

-and one Adam's Hydro Foamer courtesy of Eric @ Thompson Racing

Silly Adam and his amazing products...

Thanks for all the help everyone!

With a black car, I can pretty much guarantee you that a PC will be worth it. I would highly recommend the $330 Polisher kit. Big dollars, but a black car....a weekend with the PC, some Brilliant Glaze and some Americana and your life will never be the same.

I can attest to this quote for sure!!!! DO IT!!!:thumbsup:

Archived