Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wiping front and rear down daily?

bigaudiofanatic

Question

I am a proud owner of a 2011 nissan altima brand new. I live out in the middle of no where and do not have a garage. Bugs love to hit the front of the car.

What I am thinking is wiping the front and rear down with detailing spray and a MF towel daily.

Good idea or bad idea?

14 answers to this question

:welcome::welcomebanner: i am through the bridgeton area often going to various job sites and can vouch for the stupid bugs, its awefull. Nice to see some south jersey folk's are finding out about adams, im going to go out on a lim here and say its because of me; talking about it and my bumper sticker on my work van:D:lolsmack: do i get free ADAM's yet:banana:

Anyway, I would use Waterless wash. But keep in mind, that you will run the risk of putting swirls in your paint constantly doing it. Even though your paint looks clean it is actually quite dirty.

Never do it after a rain storm:thumbsup:

I have actually been reading about adams for about a 1/2 year ago.

Getting this new car I did not by any means want to use cheap so I invested. I am a car audio installer as well "bigaudiofanatic" is the name on other forums as well. Glad to hear someone is around my neck of the woods I am actually out in greenwhich if you know that area.

Oh and thank you for the welcome :lolsmack:

I know the feeling man, I dont drive my car much but it sucks that the front and rear get so dirty even on the prettiest day and a short ride(especially on black paint)...

You will get swirls no matter how careful you are if you do that routine daily. But you can just accept that and fix it every couple of months or leave it on the car until your weekend wash...

Nice! i know exactly where that is. Ive done a few of the newer developments in that area.

I was going to ask about your name, i actually do residential&commercial audio video system, automation systems & integration.

You made the right move, these are awesome products and you will soon find your self more then addicted to the scents:lolsmack:

BTW: Waterless Wash has alot more lubricity then detail spray. Let it sit on the area for a couple minutes and wipe it up, then follow up with detail spray:2thumbs: but you will still get swirls if done frequently.

check this thread out, it works awesome. towards the end of the thread i linked to a site where you can get the foaming sprayers!http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11404&highlight=parish

Nice! i know exactly where that is. Ive done a few of the newer developments in that area.

I was going to ask about your name, i actually do residential&commercial audio video system, automation systems & integration.

You made the right move, these are awesome products and you will soon find your self more then addicted to the scents:lolsmack:

BTW: Waterless Wash has alot more lubricity then detail spray. Let it sit on the area for a couple minutes and wipe it up, then follow up with detail spray:2thumbs:

Thanks for the info man. We will have to get together one day! My real name is Matt I am a IT guy for Complete Care health network, and do high end car audio systems. I have a set of martin logan speakers at my house which I love and I never settle for compressed music!!!

I know the feeling man, I dont drive my car much but it sucks that the front and rear get so dirty even on the prettiest day and a short ride(especially on black paint)...

You will get swirls no matter how careful you are if you do that routine daily. But you can just accept that and fix it every couple of months or leave it on the car until your weekend wash...

But will the guts eat into the clear coat? I am also toying with the clear bra for the front as I have seen them on a lot of 370z's I have worked on.

But will the guts eat into the clear coat? I am also toying with the clear bra for the front as I have seen them on a lot of 370z's I have worked on.

Good question. I know the Love Bugs we get here twice a year have acid in their bodies that will eat in to the clear and paint if not removed.

The best protection would be a clear bra, but an extra coat of wax and your current routine will work for now.

Waterless Car Wash. i see you point here but i have black paint so i am very careful. The WCW is great if used appropriately but if you haven't broke the 2 bucket wash recently it's time. Do not even look at the paint if it's too dirty professionals have linked this to swirls. If you choose a product for in between washes go with the WCW its got so much lubricity for small issues but if it looks dirty its is, so just get the hose and buckets out or deal with the pain of a dirty car for a little while:thumbsup: also welcome to the site there is a wealth of knowledge and opinions here so enjoy!

Archived