Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need Some Advice

07RS4

I have a '99 Honda Accord as a DD and after years of cleaning and pressure washing the undercarriage, the black coating (especially in the back) has been coming off. Can anyone recommend some black paint or a specific product where I could repaint that area? I was thinking of like a thick anti-skid paint that I could brush on, but I'm not sure what I should use. I can post pic's of the area I'm talking about if that will help. TYIA to all those that might be able to help me out.

:patriot:Dave

I would use an undercoating from a rattle can, it's your DD so it should be fine. The brush idea may put more paint on you then the car.

Do you think something like this would work? Only $8, I like it, haha.

Amazon.com: Permatex 80072 Undercoating - 16 oz.: Automotive

The description says wheel wells, so I guess so!

Living in CA I don't think he will have a problem.

It just seems to me that if there is even the smallest spot of rust/moisture/etc and it gets sealed in, that could cause a problem. I don't know, I'm probably wrong, but I felt I should atleast say something.

It just seems to me that if there is even the smallest spot of rust/moisture/etc and it gets sealed in, that could cause a problem. I don't know, I'm probably wrong, but I felt I should atleast say something.

That's a good point though...Before I apply I'll inspect the area really good for anything that I may need to clean up. Rust, etc. I'll prep by apc, scrub, rinse X 2. Metro Blaster Air dry, then maybe even some IPA to ensure no residue then I think I'll be good. If I miss anything, then I'll just spot treat. Good point though, thank you.

Archived