Customer Service 866.965.0400

07 silverado DOD Flex Fuel Questions

ExpressThis13

Question

I know theres a few people on here who have NNBS Silverados n Sierras I am currently looking at a 07 NNBS Silverado ext cab 5.3 that has flex fuel and DOD and was wondering how the DOD is controlled and what happens if it fails and whats involved fixing/replacing and is it expensive. its got 87k on it and it 2wd. Thanks.

2007 Chevrolet 1500 Ext Cab 2WD Extended Cab LT

11 answers to this question

the system shouldn't fail. its basically a lot of computer programming and a different type of lifter. if the lifters fail, GM will warranty them up to 5 years/100k miles. if my 2010 silverado lasts that long without a problem and it fails later on in life... it's as easy as replacing the stock lifters with LS7 lifters and disabling DOD with a tune. you can disable DOD with the current lifters in it without a problem, the computer just stays in V8 mode.

here's a kit from thunder racing thats $305, the labor shouldn't be too intense to replace them yourself, just removing the entire top end LOL!

Thunder Racing D.O.D. Delete Kit from Thunder Racing

honestly if your that worried about it, find a 2008 or newer at a GM dealership that way you retain the 100k mile warranty! i think the warranty in 2007 was less

and on the flex fuel part, i never fill up with E85... i don't trust ethanol, causes nothing but problems in the long run. and when you look at it, it's more expensive to use E85, because the price it is sold at does not make up for the MPGs you lose.

My G8 is DOD and I love it. I am averaging 21.5 MPG calculated by my app. That's not horrible for a 4000 lb 400hp car IMO.

DOD DOES have more things to go wrong. They've had lifter issues and such and they are replaced on an as needed case by case basis.

I've run Ethanol for years with ZERO issues. In the corn state, it's hard to find anything else. I just stick to top tier Shell 93.

Chris

My G8 is DOD and I love it. I am averaging 21.5 MPG calculated by my app. That's not horrible for a 4000 lb 400hp car IMO.

DOD DOES have more things to go wrong. They've had lifter issues and such and they are replaced on an as needed case by case basis.

I've run Ethanol for years with ZERO issues. In the corn state, it's hard to find anything else. I just stick to top tier Shell 93.

Chris

well yeah, i'm pretty sure all gasoline has at least 10% in it, that's unavoidable unless you find a place that advertises 100% gas and they charge a premium for it!

21 mpg mine is lucky to see that rolling down a hill with the engine off:willy:. I average 11-12 with the AFM but my lead foot and need for a tune are not helping. As for maintenance i dont know hasn't broke yet and its an 08. If its gm certified pre owned it will have a warranty.

Archived