Customer Service 866.965.0400

New shoes for the 350Z

randyfox

Question

:banana:

They're not mounted yet...gotta save up for the tires. This may come as a shock, but APPARENTLY, two 275/35/19s and two 245/35/19s aren't cheap! :D Anyways, what I needed to do before they were mounted is seal these beautiful special order Volk Racing SF Winnings I got for my 350Z. When you spend a lot of money on something like wheels, you want to protect your investment!

Products used:

Waterless Wash

Detail Spray

Machine Super Wax (applied by hand)

Super Block foam applicators

Pics:

In the box, waiting to be opened:

017-1.jpg

Once you open the box, you can see how much care is put into making these wheels; they come covered!:

006-2.jpg

Wiping down the wheels with some WW to make sure they were clean first:

019.jpg

036.jpg

021.jpg

One of the front wheels:

004-2.jpg

Time to start sealing:

008-2.jpg

018.jpg

038.jpg

Not everyone gets as excited about this as I do:

047.jpg

Quality control inspecting my work:

012-2.jpg

027.jpg

Now some finished shots:

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

016.jpg

029.jpg

033.jpg

I can't wait to get these on the car once I get home from training!

24 answers to this question

I replaced my stock pads after the first year with Hawk HPS pads & their was a huge difference in low brake dust. The only draw back is that they squeaked first thing in the morning which is no big deal.

When I put on my 19's a couple of years ago, I went with Wilwood polymatrix Q ceramic pads...there just OK.

I was curious about Hawks, but hadn't heard from anyone until now about one on a Z. Thanks for the info! How did they perform?

Any pics on the car?

Unfortunately not yet. I had to spend some money elsewhere first. There maybe a thread about it soon... ;)

Sweet set of wheels. Was your wife glad to see you turning your house into a detail shop.

She is very understanding. :2thumbs: Besides, they were brand new out of the box, so no worries!

Awesome!!!

When do you anticipate getting these mounted?? I'm getting anxious, lol!! :)

Me too. :lurk:

yeah, those are sick man, cant wait for some pics with em on!

:banana:

I replaced my stock pads after the first year with Hawk HPS pads & their was a huge difference in low brake dust. The only draw back is that they squeaked first thing in the morning which is no big deal.

When I put on my 19's a couple of years ago, I went with Wilwood polymatrix Q ceramic pads...there just OK.

Nice wheels Randy and good job prepping and waxing(sealing) them before they are installed. Post up some more photos when you get them on your car.

Thanks! I am likely going to do a coat of BG then Americana also when I get home.

Randyfox nice wheels and even better treatment of them!

Mook

Hey Chris, I had to do it man! They are brand new, unmounted, and I could bear the thought of leaving them unsealed. There was no excuse not to!

Sweet rims, can't wait to see them mounted!

I know what you mean for rubbers...when i bought mine

(2x 245/35-20 and 2x 285/30-20 Falken Fk452) they cost me like $1200 installed :help:

Ouch! That's pretty much the ballpark I am in as well.

goodjob.gif Nice wheels....btw what are the offsets?

Thanks! Uh, I will have to look when I get home from training. For some reason I don't know off the top of my head at the moment. :o

I am also going to swap in new low dust brake pads too before they are mounted. Anyone with a 350Z (or any Nissan for that matter) knows how nasty of a brake dust problem they have. :willy:

wheels look great!

hate to bring the rain, but when you have the tires mounted and balanced, the stick weights they use will not stick to the wax. they might even use a alcohol based cleaner and a shop rag to make sure the surface is clean and bare. you might need to re-wax them after the tires are mounted and balanced

I worries about the rain, I'm glad you mentioned it! I am sure I will have to clean them again once I have them mounted. Besides, it gives me an excuse to put another coat on the rest of the wheel. :thumbsup:

wheels look great!

hate to bring the rain, but when you have the tires mounted and balanced, the stick weights they use will not stick to the wax. they might even use a alcohol based cleaner and a shop rag to make sure the surface is clean and bare. you might need to re-wax them after the tires are mounted and balanced

Archived