Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana applications

LQ9SS

Question

How often do you apply Americana? If I remember correctly, to many applications in a short period of time can cause "clouding". I've been applying a thin coat probably every three weeks, but I also wash my truck 4 times a week. I don't question the longevity because I have been more than impressed considering its a carnuba. I also really don't care about the longevity because I surely enjoy throwing on a coat of Americana. I would do it once a week if I could.

9 answers to this question

If you wash it that often, you could probably get away with bi-weekly with no issues. However, it's really not necessary. DS will really make the paint repop after washing.

---

- Sent from my iPhone4 using special algorithms and data nodes!

but doesnt BG remove Americana when applied over it? i was actually going to ask this because i have a photo shoot with a model next week and want to get my Mini perfect for it. i just applied a coat of Americana last week and put BG under it, i dont want to "waste" a coat of Americana though:rolleyes:

i cant wait for this shoot, im hoping the images will be "Adams" forum friendly...:D

sorry for the slight thread hijack:)

Honestly, I have only applied Americana when I complete a full detail. I have yet to apply it between details. I've maintained pretty well with WW and DS. I have read the same thing about BG over Americana, so I have only used it under.

Could you use Buttery over Americana?

but doesnt BG remove Americana when applied over it? i was actually going to ask this because i have a photo shoot with a model next week and want to get my Mini perfect for it. i just applied a coat of Americana last week and put BG under it, i dont want to "waste" a coat of Americana though:rolleyes:

i cant wait for this shoot, im hoping the images will be "Adams" forum friendly...:D

sorry for the slight thread hijack:)

I will not hold the thread hijack against you if you PM me the pics that are not forum friendly, lol...:lolsmack:

Jeepers guys....

Back to the subject, I have used Americana as a final product. DS makes it shine again. I put on two coats Americana-let first coat cure- and I don't have to reapply for a few.months. I only use Adam's shampoo so it doesn't strip the wax.off. I do use WW in between washes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archived