Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dads Denali Sierra

bjoeaull

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

John how much brighter are the HID's then factory. I have seen a lot of discussions on them, but never from anyone I didn't think was trying to sale them. You don't sale them do you? I want an unbiased opinion. I just want to know if it is worth it to put in my F150 and my Explorer. I am getting older and my night vision is getting terrible. Also how good are they in rain at night? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lol no i do not sell them but i can get them. even if i did sell them i will never drive a car truck again with out them.. hids have come down a lot. you can get a good set from 60-100+ bucks. the 1st set i got was 250 bucks 7 years ago. for the best light out put 4300-6000 k the higher the k the less light out put.

How much better are they. I mean 50% better, 75% better, and how are they when the roads are wet? Can you see the road better? Where is a good spot to purchase them? How much of a PITA are they to install? Thanks for the quick response.

the streets are wet in the pics. i would say 75% -100% better when driving with hids.. as a pita putting in is all on the type car the are going in. most kits are plug and play. i got my kit from this site. Spencer's HIDs of Wasilla, Alaska stands behind his kits. you can find cheaper on ebay. but i have never had a prob with one of his kits.

No you don't have to take the bumper off. Have to take the front of the inner wheel wells. Which is a few clips n 7mm. When u take them off u will see some 10mmthing that have to come out. One is for the bottom of the head light n the other holds the trim on that's on top if the bumper n under the headlights. 2 10mm under the hood that are the upper headlights bolts. Maybe a hr to hr and a half for the whole job.

If anyone needs HIDs, email me. We have a few sets in stock, but make sure to send me your vehicle info and what output you want. I usually run 6 or 8, depending on what color you're looking for. I've installed at least 50 sets and have had them in my car for 10 years. Yeah, back when they were close to $1000 a set!

We have highs and lows in my brother's '65 Caddy and just put highs and lows in a buddy's '69 Camaro. If you have an old hotrod, they're a MUST HAVE!

Hands down the best upgrade to your car for $100!

Relays make a huge difference, but require more wiring. I can get em with or without relays.

eric@thompsonracing.us

I had to take my bumper off so that I could remove the headlight housings.. they did not make the G8 lights easily accessible.. I wish they mounted them like my '06 GP GT, one bolt-lift the lever-and boom! its out

Archived