Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner / Leather Cleaner: How often?

Coderedpl

Question

So I tried searching using google and the forums but seems like the words how often to are too short or something.

So how often do you guys condition the interiors? Especially the seats?

I've read twice a month, once a month, once every 2?

What about using the leather cleaner?

I figured that the leather cleaner would be for some deeper and heavier dirt on seats and interior surfaces rather than just a dust-off. For that I use detail spray with a microfiber and it seems to work fine, even for the lightly soiled spots from the feet on the door cards.

19 answers to this question

Everything has been great advice.

My rear seats I condition about once a month because I am never back there...but it does dry out from normal sun exposure.

The front dash, steering wheel, seat, door, and center console....I condition bi-weekly or as needed.

LIC and Conditioner on my steering wheels every time the vehicles are washed.

LIC on a dampened red foam applicator to the entire interior once a year, or on a specific dirt spot as needed.

Leather Conditioner on complete interior twice a year, and when needed where I notice areas getting dull: specifically drivers seat, dash and tops of doors.

Leather & Interior Cleaner every time the vehicles are detailed, applied from door panels to seats and anything else in between.

I use a non-Adams Leather Conditioner once every 2-3 months only on the seats.

Sounds great! Thank you.

Dave, your GTO is beautiful. :bow:

LIC and Conditioner on my steering wheels every time the vehicles are washed.

LIC on a dampened red foam applicator to the entire interior once a year, or on a specific dirt spot as needed.

Leather Conditioner on complete interior twice a year, and when needed where I notice areas getting dull: specifically drivers seat, dash and tops of doors.

Is it okay to use the leather cleaner/conditioner on a leather steering wheel? I've had problems in the past with other brands that removed the protective covering that is put over the leather, resulting in the black leather dye ending up on the microfiber. This only seems to happen on the steering wheel. I'm going to be getting the Adam's cleaner/conditioner anyway, I just need to know if it is safe for the wheel. It's a pretty new wheel, so up to now I've only been using mild soap and water, but in the long run I'm not sure that will be enough. Especially after a careless tech works on the car. I want to treat it right.:D

I follow the 3 D rule. If its dull dirty or dry(whichever comes first, mostly dirty) i clean then condition. Works like a charm and honestly the conditioner goes along way unless you want damp looking leather. I'm also the kinda guy that inspects my interior after having anyone else in it that is not drilled on the rules of black betty's meticulous lifestyle. I also wash my truck if someone looked at it wrong(is that weird?):lolsmack:

Not to me!!! :help:

I follow the 3 D rule. If its dull dirty or dry(whichever comes first, mostly dirty) i clean then condition. Works like a charm and honestly the conditioner goes along way unless you want damp looking leather. I'm also the kinda guy that inspects my interior after having anyone else in it that is not drilled on the rules of black betty's meticulous lifestyle. I also wash my truck if someone looked at it wrong(is that weird?):lolsmack:

I don't use the cleaner often. Maybe at the end of the year before I put my car away. But the leather conditoner I use a lot. The leather conditioner will clean as well. And it has a high SPF factor to protect the dash and front seats that get the most sun. I put it on heavy on my dash. So if your car sees a lot of sun, once a month or six weeks or so should be fine. :cheers:

Dave's POV....haha, works for me :)

L&I Cleaner - 50/50 mix. It's some pretty strong stuff, and I really don't see a need to max out the strength....yet. Our cars never really get THAT bad. On my wife's van DD, she carts around the kid and they do eat in the van, so maybe 2 times a month on the dash and panels. When they get in and out of the Van, they don't they usually scuff up the doors. That's the last thing on my wife's mine when she's in the van, haha. On my cars, I'm so anal that I've only used it once on each. I just dust them whenever I wash.

L&I Conditioner - Every two bucket wash, just to even the coats/sheen out. I like using it, so I don't believe it can hurt. If the leather in the RS ever starts to discolor or if I notice something out of the ordinary, I will clean them and start over.

I've been using both for about 3 months to give you some idea, and try to 2 bucket every week or bi-weekly.

I usually do one application of conditioner every month and it seems to work well for me. In between cleanings I just use detail spray or just a simple dust off with a microfiber works just fine for me. As far as cleaning a 50/50 mix of leather and interior cleaner and water has worked well for me in the past. Most cars dont need a full strength cleaning if maintained and I just use a microfiber I dont use a brush. Depending on my mood I may hit my drivers door panel and seat twice a month just because its a daily driver and 90% of the time im the only one in the car.

Archived