Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wood bed floor cleaning?

IMADreamer

Question

We are going to show my Grandfather's 57 pick up that we restored last year on Saturday and it has a wood floor with polished aluminum strips between the wood. Obviously I'll use metal polish on the strips but what do I use on the wood? I'm also assuming not to get any metal polish on the wood.

10 answers to this question

Tape it off to keep the MP off the wood, but if the wood has a good solid coat of poly on it, you can use revive and then follow up with Americana.

Do a test area first of course.

Chris

If the wood is bare...look into Scott's Liquid Gold. I have been using that on wood in my house forever.

I agree with Mook if the wood is bare, use Scott's Liquid Gold. My Grandmother and Mother swear by it, it is the only thing that I put on my solid red oak furniture.

If the wood is in good shape hit it with fine machine polish, then some Americana. I've got a ton of finish on my wood, sanded in-between coats, and a final sand with 2500. Then I hit it with the porta cable, 2 passes with swirl and haze, 2 passed with fine machine polish, and a coat of machine super wax. (aka super sealant) it took a ton of time, but it was well worth it! Mook, I thAnk you for your kind words!

that looks nice man. My dad has a 49 f-1 ford and was wondering how to go about restoring the wood. Any ideas?

To restore the wood, you will need to sand all the old finish off. Then re stain the color of choice, then apply finish. I used Man O War marine finish. Brushed it on, in the evening (cool time of day) and sanded lightly in-between coats. Then after the debth I wanted was achieved I hit it with the Adams!

Archived