Customer Service 866.965.0400

Professional Car Wash Pads

ndpitch

Question

What do you guys do with your wash pads after use? I used mine for the first time the other day. I rinsed and rung them out good after I used them, and then hung them up to dry out. Now it's about two days later and they still have water in them! These things hold more water and suds than I could have hoped for, but they're dripping on my floor no matter how hard I ring them out! Haha

12 answers to this question

First, I spray them out VERY well, making sure ALL grime and or bugs are out of them, then, I hold them in my hand, VERY TIGHTLY, and spin them around, overhand (like a softball pitcher) to get the water out of them. After I feel they're fairly dry, I stick them in my bucket with the grit guard in the bottom and let them dry there. I've never had an issue to date with this method.

After wringing them out I find that it still has lots of water in it. What I found that works well is to "fling" it out by holding it tight and quickly rotating my arm down in a golf swing motion. I do this quite a few times until the amount of water that comes out is minimal. Usually will then dry for me in a day (in the humid florida heat).

When finished, I usually dunk my pads back in my clean soap bucket, then lay them out on the grit guard in my driveway. I then proceed to blast away at them with the firehose nozzle, then flip to do the other side of the pads. After giving a gentle squeeze (particularly the edges of the pads), I lay them out on the grit guards and let the hot Florida sun do the work. :rockon:

While I used to follow the video posted before with the APC, I found that it was wasteful because my pads never got dirty enough for this method. I figure I have a clean bucket of soap left over from the car wash, why not use it? :banana:

I grab them by an edge and swing them around too. To get the last bit of moisture out, I'll lay a box fan down on its back, turn it on full blast and put the pad on the grate. Just make sure that any water drippings won't hit the motor.

Works well for the PC pads too.

I spray mine off real good the throw them in the washer with some woolite on gentle cycle. The spin cycle wrings them out pretty good!(saves my shoulders) then I hang to dry. Easy as pie.

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spray mine off real good the throw them in the washer with some woolite on gentle cycle. The spin cycle wrings them out pretty good!(saves my shoulders) then I hang to dry. Easy as pie.

Never thought to use the washing machine. Good idea.

I'll also have to give the "shake them out" method a try as well.

I've been using what I thought was a good microfiber wash mit for a long time. It has now been demoted to utility status. :thumbsup:

I prefer the overhand throwing motion to remove the excess water.

Sounds like we need a poll for the preferred method! :D

I tried a few different methods... the first time I wasn't careful about where I was doing it and ended up with water drops all over the freshly washed and dried car!! :help:

Learned real quick to walk further away from the car and to be careful the direction I was slinging the pad!! :banana:

A little trick I have been using---

After the Grit Guard rinsing, I wring them out half at a time, then take them into the dryer here at home, and throw then on low heat for like a half hour. They come out rather dry, and also not beat up, so that's a win for me!

Mook

I tried a few different methods... the first time I wasn't careful about where I was doing it and ended up with water drops all over the freshly washed and dried car!! :help:

Learned real quick to walk further away from the car and to be careful the direction I was slinging the pad!! :banana:

Um, yep me too!

Archived