Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leveling Kit Questions

11chevz71

I just purchase a RC levelin kit and when purchasing online and it wanted to know if i had aluminum or non aluminum lower front control arms. I thought it did when i order the part but i am not sure now i think the XFE silverado is the only one that come with aluminum control arms. I dont see the difference in the product it is the same from what i have purchase before. Does anyone know if it makes a difference? And can it be used on cast steel if that is what i have?

you should have steel control arms, like said before magnet should be fine to test. When i got my leveling kit i dont remember having to answer that question but honestly i dont see why it would matter should be same design aluminum or steel.

you should have steel control arms, like said before magnet should be fine to test. When i got my leveling kit i dont remember having to answer that question but honestly i dont see why it would matter should be same design aluminum or steel.

THink there is a thickness difference?

the XFE trucks and some tahoes are the only ones with aluminum control arms, and also aluminum engine blocks. not really sure why rough country made two different kits though!

your truck is not an XFE, because i'm pretty sure it was introduced in 2009

the XFE trucks and some tahoes are the only ones with aluminum control arms, and also aluminum engine blocks. not really sure why rough country made two different kits though!

your truck is not an XFE, because i'm pretty sure it was introduced in 2009

Yeah, i have figured it out now. Just need to see if this kit will still work or not.

thickness... really? Thats wierd you would think the same specs would be used rather steel or aluminum because it serves the same purpose. I guess we all learn something new everday. Now that that is out of the way i can go back to staring at the t.v.:drool:

thickness... really? Thats wierd you would think the same specs would be used rather steel or aluminum because it serves the same purpose. I guess we all learn something new everday. Now that that is out of the way i can go back to staring at the t.v.:drool:

It not thickness I just was throwing things out there. The only thing that is different is the bolts are 1/8" longer

Archived