Customer Service 866.965.0400

I Wrecked my Camaro

Fierce5

So not really wrecked but im soooooooooo mad :mad::mad::mad:. Few weeks ago I got a job in NY that requires commuting and since my Camaro is my DD I have to take it and park it at the Park and Ride so I can take the train. (Since this incident I now take the bus which pick me up and drop me off infront of my house so I stopped using the car).

Couple of weeks ago when I came back from a long day of work i found that some jack@$$ hit the rear bumper of the car (didn't leave a note and no cameras). I love this car so much and I really cant see it with the damage on it, I always keep it in perfect shape and this damage is making feel like I dont wanna wash it or detail since whatever I do it wont be perfect.

Everybody around me keep saying not to fix it since the damage is minor and the bodyshop is asking for $657.00 to sand, fix, change the backup sensor and repaint.

I only got a chance today to post the story and pics to seek your advice/opinion since I know that you guys will understand (people around me, to them its JUST A CAR but to me its a toy/hobby) :(

Should I fix it? If yes, does anyone know a good and reasonable bodyshop in NJ?

Thank you all in advance

Man that seriously sucks!!!

I hate it when people have no respect for your property and have the audacity to LEAVE the scene!!!

I have had it happen to me twice in June. Good luck with getting b/s info in NJ. There are a few members here in NJ so hopefully someone will chime in.

Ouch that hurts, Gabe! I have to say it's worse than my shopping cart incident... You should fix it--you'll only end up being angry every time that you see it otherwise. I know no one up your way, but I'm sure that one of the Adam's Forums crew knows a good shop, like Brandi said!

BTW, my shopping cart fix cost me $650 plus the clear bra re-do (about $900 in total), so your estimate is spot on.

Good luck, my friend!:willy:

Man that seriously sucks!!!

I hate it when people have no respect for your property and have the audacity to LEAVE the scene!!!

I have had it happen to me twice in June. Good luck with getting b/s info in NJ. There are a few members here in NJ so hopefully someone will chime in.

Ya what she said:lol: Seriously I know how you feel My new car got it three friggin times in the first year.

Ouch that hurts, Gabe! I have to say it's worse than my shopping cart incident... You should fix it--you'll only end up being angry every time that you see it otherwise. I know no one up your way, but I'm sure that one of the Adam's Forums crew knows a good shop, like Brandi said!

BTW, my shopping cart fix cost me $650 plus the clear bra re-do (about $900 in total), so your estimate is spot on.

Good luck, my friend!:willy:

Thats exactly whats happening! How does your car look after the fix?

Yep! Save some money and remove it yourself and drop it off if you want. Have them do the painting, and reinstall it yourself.

Don't skimp on the job. Get someone that KNOWS how to paint.

Sorry to here! The only person I know who may be anywhere relative to you is Phil Yui who is the owner of Detailer's Domain and is an Adam's dealer. He doesn't do the work himself but he may have some good connections of reputable shops to make the fix. He is located in Norwood. Phil is a great guy so he might be a good starting point.

I feel your pain, I have very similar damage on my front and rear.. both times, my car was parked and someone hit it.. I've had the damage for a while now just because A:I dont know a shop that I trust to make it perfect and B:a lot of other stuff has been consuming my funds

I feel your pain, I have very similar damage on my front and rear.. both times, my car was parked and someone hit it.. I've had the damage for a while now just because A:I dont know a shop that I trust to make it perfect and B:a lot of other stuff has been consuming my funds

Yeah I don't know who to trust either. The bodyshop that quoted me did my Toyota couple of times and it looked perfect, I've also seen some very nice cars that he fixed he also does restoration for historic cars and he's 2 minutes from my house so I don't know if I should go to him or research more.

Fix it... it's going to bug you otherwise. Just keep in mind that it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep a DD showroom perfect, so some things are going to happen no matter how hard you try to protect it. Don't beat yourself up over the little crap.

Just don't let the love for your car die - treat the little things and keep on enjoying her. :thumbsup:

As a Camaro owner I say fix it and make sure the painter is good. I had my entire front nose just repainted for $600.00 because the factory paint was too thin and the rock chips were killing me. Well woth the money.

Fix it... it's going to bug you otherwise. Just keep in mind that it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep a DD showroom perfect, so some things are going to happen no matter how hard you try to protect it. Don't beat yourself up over the little crap.

Just don't let the love for your car die - treat the little things and keep on enjoying her. :thumbsup:

Definately fix it,things happen to us all. You will feel better when your camaro is back to perfection. :grouphug:

As a Camaro owner I say fix it and make sure the painter is good. I had my entire front nose just repainted for $600.00 because the factory paint was too thin and the rock chips were killing me. Well woth the money.

thats not bad, so fenders, hood, bumper, and a blend to the doors for $600?

since they have to sand anyways, they can probly remove my damage..

this is the front damage, cant really see much of it but theres a chip and crease from the hit and run..

0923091441a.jpg

Thats exactly whats happening! How does your car look after the fix?

It looks better than new again, and actually the paint looks a bit deeper than it ever did. I was able to get the "scuff" off of the side using my Focus pads and SHR, a bit of cautious 3000 grit sanding took the one deep scratch 99-44/100% away. Once the front was repainted, it makes me happy again.

I used Jones GMC's body shop (where I bought the G8)--they are terrific, and "get" the difference between an ordinary car and someone's pride and joy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them--and I can even get you home if you wanna make the trip!

Thank you all for the comments/opinion, I have decided to fix it, now that I have your support :). I think Im gonna go with either the first quote from the very trusted bodyshop next to my house or another bodyshop and is also very well known for great work and they're like 20 mns from my house. Its gonna take me couple of weeks till im ready since I work everyday from 6.30 till 7.30. Im hoping that the bodyshops are gonna be open on Labor day so I can finalize it.

It looks better than new again, and actually the paint looks a bit deeper than it ever did. I was able to get the "scuff" off of the side using my Focus pads and SHR, a bit of cautious 3000 grit sanding took the one deep scratch 99-44/100% away. Once the front was repainted, it makes me happy again.

I used Jones GMC's body shop (where I bought the G8)--they are terrific, and "get" the difference between an ordinary car and someone's pride and joy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them--and I can even get you home if you wanna make the trip!

Im glad that they have fixed it right and I appreciate the offer very much :) but I think im gonna go with a local bodyshop here that does great work and historic cars restorations. I tried him before couple of times and he was dead on.

mine was just the front bumper, which was removed, wet sanded and then painted. They did spray a few extra coats so i was good with rocks. I think $600 is a good price. Which camaro do you have?

cgm 2lt rs

Archived