Customer Service 866.965.0400

best/safest method for stripping old wax

JHL88

Question

A few weeks ago i fully corrected my ss beginning with using dawn soap foam gun etc. so i just heard im forecasted to leave for korea in november for a year and i wanted to give her a strip-down, FMP, wax job and not really wanting to use dawn soap again (heard that it was bad for repeated use)

Other methods ive heard of are using alcohol & water in a spray bottle, wiping the whole car down or APC mixed with water. which one do you guys recommend? would it be safe to use dawn again or was i just mis-informed?

8 answers to this question

If you don't want to use dawn again then go with the ISP and water in a spray bottle. I don't think I could ever use APC in any ratio on my car, that stuff is some powerful stuff. Dawn will hurt plastic trim pieces more than the paint I do believe but like I said, I would personally go with the ISP and water.

Dawn isn't capable of damaging paint, the only concern would be the abuse on the trim, but if you dress it after the fact w/ SVRT then there should be no concern.

Your other options are a mixture of APC and Car Wash Shampoo

Or wiping panel by panel with IPA

:iagree:thats what I do :2thumbs:

If its only been a few weeks why are you going to do it again?

Is it going into storage or will it be sitting outside while you are gone ???

If garage kept and you just did it a few weeks ago just give it a wash and throw a coat of Americana on :2thumbs:

i do have a garage, but no car cover. from the looks of it though im going to have to do a full paint correction anyways, since im more than likely trading up for a 2002+ z06 in a few days... :pc::drool::bow:

Archived