Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ohio Detail Clinic // September 11th 2011

Team Adam's

Dylan

You and Ashley check out the website Best Wings USA, Chicken Wings, Wing Sauce, Family Restaurant Chain, Quaker Steak & Lube®

It was founded in Pa but there are now 3 in Northern Ohio even in Mentor which is where Scott is from and I am about 15 minutes away. There is one not too far from Cleveland Hopkins airport that we could meet at and then you could head south on I-77 to Montrose if that is where your hotel is located. It is a different type of place with wings and burgers stuff like that. It isn't fancy but for those of us car people it is pretty cool. Let me know if you are up for it and I will see if I can change some plans this weekend and meet you there. I am about 45 minutes from there so you could let me know when you have landed and by the time you get a car and get there the timing would be right. If everything sounds good, I can PM you my phone number and you can text me.

Right now they are calling for a 20% chance of rain Sunday so that is a lot better than the rain we have gotten every day for the last week.

Tom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<table class="dayEven" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="dayLead" colspan="3">Sunday</td></tr> <tr> <td class="dayIcon" width="50">cond095.gif </td> <td class="dayDesc">Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.</td> <td width="15">

</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="dayOdd" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="dayLead" colspan="3">Sunday Night</td></tr> <tr> <td class="dayIcon" width="50">cond106.gif </td> <td class="dayDesc">Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 60. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Awwwww

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Great show and great clinic! Alot of fun. Unfortunately I wrecked my car on the way home. Maybe totaled it. Almost died, coming within inches of rolling the car as I fought to pull it out of a ditch and smacked into a tree. Literally sobbing because as I write this. Kind of puts a damper on the cool show.

Seriously though, the show was a lot of fun. I really did have a good time, and that Tbird Dylan was polishing looked like it was coming out great.

Great show and great clinic! Alot of fun. Unfortunately I wrecked my car on the way home. Maybe totaled it. Almost died, coming within inches of rolling the car as I fought to pull it out of a ditch and smacked into a tree. Literally sobbing because as I write this. Kind of puts a damper on the cool show.

Seriously though, the show was a lot of fun. I really did have a good time, and that Tbird Dylan was polishing looked like it was coming out great.

Hope you are doing okay! you can always replace a car but noy yourself

I'm ok. My shoulder got jarred a bit though. I was kind of zoning out, after a 3 hour drive through back roads, I was 4 or 5 miles outside of my house. An animal jumped out and without thinking I tried to avoid it, and ended up in a ditch.

Here is the post I made in the "What did you do today" thread:

"Front bumper is scratched, passenger fender is unrecognizable, passenger door scratched into the metal and the door handle is pushed in about 3 inches. Then the passenger rear fender is totally flat against the car. The "hip" is a crumpled, flat looking angle, and the rear bumper is pulled out about half an inch to the right. I'm thinking at about 500 bucks a panel, 3 panels = 1500 bucks. Then 600 a panel to paint it brings it to 3300. Then, if I replace the front bumper, there is 300 more dollars, and to paint it is another 600. To stripe it maybe another 50, since I already have the vinyl. That is 4250. No clue how much to fix the rear bumper, but I'll guess at another 100. The wheels and tires didn't even get scratched somehow, so no problems there, but the mirror exploded and blew glass into my face (I am still picking it out of my hair) because the window was open. There is another 150 for the mirror, and I don't even know how much for the mirror glass. I'm going to guess around 4600 dollars just for parts and paint. To have them installed? I don't even know."

Also, I did learn quite a bit at the clinic. It was nice to finally meet Dylan and Ashley. There were a ton of cool cars there, and I got some cell phone pics, but I think my phone disappeared out of my car in the crash along with my ipod charger, my empty water bottle, and the hanging ID tag that we use to park in the school lot.

Ian really sorry to hear about your accident. We have to come up with a way to know the other forum members. I would liked to have met you and Bill. Scott and I finally met face to face at the clinic and we live 10 minutes away from each other.

Here are a few pics that I snapped. It was great to meet Dylan and Ashley in person. It is always great to learn different techniques from the experts. Thanks Adam for letting them come out to our neck of the woods!

Ian sorry to hear man! Glad your ok, car can be fixed!

Now onto the good stuff.. So I went met Dylan, Ashley, Tom and a few others. What a GREAT TIME! Was cool to see Dylan & Ashley doing what they do. Their level of professionalism mixed with friendly easy going personalities was exactly what you would imagine from Adam's people.

Now onto the test mule! It was a black late model Thunderbird..

This thing looks like it was washed with a bucket of playground sand!

2011-09-11_11-30-02_114.jpg

Yes it did until....

2011-09-11_11-49-49_563.jpg

Just wow!!

Was a great time! looking forward to my next Adam's adventure! Thanks again Dylan & Ashley!

I was the kid in the Jimi Hendrix Tshirt with the white mustang. I also had a headband on at various times throughout the show. I was telling Dylan that at the last show I went to I had a little sign printed up with my various names on various forums.

Hey Tom, you forgot about me!!

Scott (Kustom FX) is was very nice meeting you.

Dylan & Ashley, nice meeting you too!

Dylan thanks again for working on my 350Z roadster...I appreciate it!

I learned some techniquie tips & it was a great clinic...the time just flew by!!!!!

Going home I caught some rain drops....luckily I was driving away from the rain.

Here's some pics starting with Dylan & the clay bar test.....

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01585.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSCO1591.jpg

DSCO1592.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

Since this was a Mustang show.... of which I'm not a fan of these cars but I did like this Stang & I thought it was very appropriate for 911 day with all the Military badges displayed on his engine bay shroud plus it was a very unique show car IMHO.

DSC01581.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

Here's Tom's (McDuff) '32 & my (sluggoZ) 350ZR...

DSC01578.jpg

Jerry, how could I forget you? It was great meeting you after emailing and I was glad that you were able to see some of the zin masters work their magic. Let me know if we still want to get together to go over products.

I'm so sorry to hear that! The weather went pretty crazy for a while so I'm happy you were able to make it out. Thank you for coming and I'm glad you're okay.

Hey Jerry you found a pic of me! Haha. That orange stang was pretty nice, but it had some nasty swirls. I parked next to it and the guy gave me s*** for using I&O on my engine bay because he thought it was going to get on his car, even though I was using a plastic bag to shield any spray from flying around. Then we compared SVRT to Back to Black, and he insisted back to black was waterproof and didn't streak as much, even though the 3 people watching us all said that SVRT was better.

Also, McDuff, I saw a shiny 32 sitting over at enterprise and wondered why it looked so familiar!

Vincenzo...sorry about your accident, at least your OK and back to work. Do you have a pic of your car?

After I posted my pics, I laughed too when seeing you in one of my pics.

Like McDuff said earlier, it's too bad we all didn't know who was who!

The guy with the orange Stang was seemly strange!

Since he was a first responder & had all these Military badges displayed....one of the Show promoters asked him if he wanted to stand with the other firefighters at the start of the flag ceremony but he refused.

Poor Ashley & Dylan... They were confused by NE Ohio weather.. it went from cool and clear to cloudy/ drizzle, then cleared up again and was warn, then cold front followed by some decent rain for a min, then it cleared up again and got hot & humid.. then it was cloudy till the torrential downpour that closed the show! A typical day for us, I was 15 mins away and it was back to beautiful sun & clear skies..

Anyways again thanks for coming to OHIO and putting on a great show!

I just got the pics on my computer, and I will make a full post about what happened in the lounge probably tonight.

That dude was weird. That yellow S197 next to his car in your pics is my friend Josh Baker's car. We met up there on accident, and then Baker invited me to lunch with this dude and some other Mustang guys and the guy got kind of pissed and left. His car was pretty cool though. He had a nice flatscreen in his trunk with a video full of Mustang history.

Archived