Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford to build $1 billion manufacturing plant to create 5000 jobs....

Grubrunner

That sucks. Ford blames an impending strike, but something tells me its more about shareholders bottom lines than a strike.

I disagree, Ford is seeing what is happening to Boeing with there south caralina plant. The unions are sueing boeing for building it in a right to work state, on the thinking that was a direct hit to the strike a few years ago.

Unions rather have jobs sent over seas then creating them in the USA:mad::mad::mad:

Attacking U.S. Companies Is No Way To Create Jobs | FoxNews.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/23/opinion/nocera-how-democrats-hurt-job-creation.html

This is the exact reason why ford is moving over seas :mad:

I disagree, Ford is seeing what is happening to Boeing with there south caralina plant. The unions are sueing boeing for building it in a right to work state, on the thinking that was a direct hit to the strike a few years ago.

Unions rather have jobs sent over seas then creating them in the USA:mad::mad::mad:

Attacking U.S. Companies Is No Way To Create Jobs | FoxNews.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/23/opinion/nocera-how-democrats-hurt-job-creation.html

This is the exact reason why ford is moving over seas :mad:

.:iagree:

Well, I would rather see Fords driving around India! Better than non-USA-owned company manufactured cars, wouldn't you agree? There are exponentially more people in India, than the USA, nearing the population of China!

There are 1.2 billion people in India, and nearly 1.4 billion in China. The USA has about 310 million people, so Ford should absolutely look at attaining market share there!

Ford gets stronger with a piece of that business, and while we face stiff competition from Korea, Japan, and soon, China, Ford would not be wise to simply kick back while competitors eat their lunch!

Today, Korean auto-maker employees make about $2,300/ month, average. Japanese car manufacturing employees average $2,900.

In the USA, UAW employees average $4,400/ month, and the cost of living here in the USA is not far-off that in Korea or Japan.

Here is an interesting blurb from the Huffington Post today:

"We learned a lot three years ago," said Jim Graham, president of Lordstown's United Auto Workers local 1112. "We came to the realization that management is not the enemy; the enemy is the competition. Management and the UAW have the same goals now. We still have our issues with the company, but we resolve them like a business."

That makes sense to me.

:patriot:

well said Adam

GM, Ford and Chrysler have to expand into these markets ore they may die, and in order for them to expand into these markets they will also have to build the vehicles in these markets.

Im pretty sure GM is planning on doing something similar in Indonesia

Well, I would rather see Fords driving around India! Better than non-USA-owned company manufactured cars, wouldn't you agree? There are exponentially more people in India, than the USA, nearing the population of China!

There are 1.2 billion people in India, and nearly 1.4 billion in China. The USA has about 310 million people, so Ford should absolutely look at attaining market share there!

Ford gets stronger with a piece of that business, and while we face stiff competition from Korea, Japan, and soon, China, Ford would not be wise to simply kick back while competitors eat their lunch!

Today, Korean auto-maker employees make about $2,300/ month, average. Japanese car manufacturing employees average $2,900.

In the USA, UAW employees average $4,400/ month, and the cost of living here in the USA is not far-off that in Korea or Japan.

Here is an interesting blurb from the Huffington Post today:

"We learned a lot three years ago," said Jim Graham, president of Lordstown's United Auto Workers local 1112. "We came to the realization that management is not the enemy; the enemy is the competition. Management and the UAW have the same goals now. We still have our issues with the company, but we resolve them like a business."

That makes sense to me.

:patriot:

Once again... Eye to eye... :2thumbs:

It's a global marketplace, they are just doing the same thing foreign auto manufacturers have done here in the USA. Building the product where you plan to sell it. I hope it works out for them, it will only make them a stronger company. I hope GM does the same. :patriot::patriot:

It's a global marketplace, they are just doing the same thing foreign auto manufacturers have done here in the USA. Building the product where you plan to sell it. I hope it works out for them, it will only make them a stronger company. I hope GM does the same. :patriot::patriot:

I hate when I agree with bill, but... :iagree:

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Honda has been doing this same thing, build them where they are going to be sold.

Aren't there tax benefits for this? Import taxes and such? Plus they get tax breaks up the wazoo for building manufacturing plants in the USA, despite all of the EPA and union regulations they face... I'm sure the decision is always financial. I have yet to see a corporation give 2 turds about helping any community.

Archived