Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who's up to it?

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Case in point : I remodel home, paint apartments... ya know... a lot of what I do lately has been popcorn texture repairs from roof leaks. I go in, scrape the bad away, treat the area if needed (mildew, etc), mud if needed and when ready, I blow ceiling texture (popcorn) to patch it. I got sick of carrying the pancake air compressor, hose, hopper, etc and found a Wagner Tex tool that is a self-contained, handheld unit that is simple, lightweight and not overkill for a patch. I read 20-30 reviews on the item at home depot.com and amazon. The PROS that reviewed it said it's cool and nice to have in the work van. The NOOBS (Joe Homeowner) who hated it - had ZERO experience doing texture before. Yet, they be hatin'n'skatin' all over the tool.

I bought one and it paid for itself on the 2nd job in TIME saved and my back didn't get sore carrying a 40 pound compressor and making 3 trips to the van to get the same work done.

If you DON'T know what you're talking about - shut up and let someone who does - speak.

Was on a Camaro forum and found some woman recommending Meguire's Chrome polish for their stock Camaro rims. Really? The guy asking 'what do you use' showed his AFTERMARKET wheels - how about asking the store you bought them from rather than taking the advice of a ying-yang on the internet.

One of my pet peeves is people who speak when they shouldn't and the other is toast crumbs in the butter bowl.

:snap:

Good point, I also believe you NEVER take advice from someone who doesn't have the results (or has had) to prove his or her claim. I don't know how many fat, out of shape people have to told me how "to get in shape" before.

You know Dylan, this guy sounds like the guy on the GRRRR8 site that lambasted using Adams when he never has himself. You never know, it could be him...

He's such a tool! To comment on something he'd never seen, or used... WTF?

The same guy who tried to drag me into some lame argument b/c he thought I was trying to get one over on him with the claybar? LOL... I wouldn't be surprised. Anyone that gets that worked up over such unimportant things probably wouldn't have anything better to do than seek them out on amazon and post bad reviews.

Archived