Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any iGeeks may want to jump in...

Chewy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the only downfall is how bulky it is... yet it is still thinner than my first phone!

old_motorola_mobile_phone_Think_your_mobile_phone_is_too_big_pics-s450x299-229-580.png

haha jk!

EXACTLY! Otter's are one of the safest, but one of the bulkiest.

Knock on wood, I've had 4 (going on 5) iPhones and NO fatalities... :xfingers:

Guest Sarah@Adams
I WILL be getting an OtterBox. Ask the Shine Crew how many times I yardsaled my phone all over the Auction parking lot!

:lol:

Is that why I could never get you on the phone! You couldn't hear it from under the wheels of the 1959 Cadirock? Do you still hear the auctioneer voices in your head?

RMFallAuction130.jpg

Rand has the OtterBox and it has kept his phone and iPad safe and he is a 12 year old boy so it has to be durable!

Already ordered the 32gb at 3am, lol

you will still be rockin 3G, this isnt a 4G phone

Ha, Nice! i just stayed up and caught up on shows on my DVR. As soon as 2:45 rolled around i went on and kept refreshing the page. 2:51 verizon opened up and was done the ordering by 2:55:jester:

At the last minute i went with the 16 gig. Im grandfathered into verizons unlimited data so ill just use spotify when i want to access my music. Im also going to get a 16gig thumbdrive and put all my music on there and plug it in my mini and access my music that way. for 12 bucks you cant go wong:lolsmack:

Really anxious, i CANNOT wait to get rid of my turdberry for good. Found a couple other old phones laying around, so in reality my new phone is only costing me $70 bucks. Cannot beat that:2thumbs:

But it has close to the same data speeds without the battery issues. We'll see if it actually works!

As for cases... Case-mate has always been a great one. I don't do fanny packs though. It goes in my pocket.

Chris

I love Apple and their products... but as I understand the speeds that Apple talked about are for HSPA+ -- Verizon and Sprint do NOT have it, only AT&T has it and their rollout of that is limited (15 cities by the END of 2011). As Apple customers in the USA we will have very limited access to these speeds for some time.

Hope that my understanding is flawed but it seems that our USA wireless capabilities are not on the same playing field as other countries. :(

Is that why I could never get you on the phone! You couldn't hear it from under the wheels of the 1959 Cadirock? Do you still hear the auctioneer voices in your head?

RMFallAuction130.jpg

Rand has the OtterBox and it has kept his phone and iPad safe and he is a 12 year old boy so it has to be durable!

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Pretty much. Well, that and I couldn't get to my phone through all the sweat and tears we were shedding!

:rockon:

I love Apple and their products... but as I understand the speeds that Apple talked about are for HSPA+ -- Verizon and Sprint do NOT have it, only AT&T has it and their rollout of that is limited (15 cities by the END of 2011). As Apple customers in the USA we will have very limited access to these speeds for some time.

Hope that my understanding is flawed but it seems that our USA wireless capabilities are not on the same playing field as other countries. :(

I'm listening to the keynote... That's not how I took the technology though.

I'm hoping you're wrong,:jester: but I'm probably the one at fault.

Apple - Apple Events - Apple Special Event October 2011

Watch from the 59 minute mark for about 2 minutes... :2thumbs:

I'm listening to the keynote... That's not how I took the technology though.

I'm hoping you're wrong,:jester: but I'm probably the one at fault.

Apple - Apple Events - Apple Special Event October 2011

Watch from the 59 minute mark for about 2 minutes... :2thumbs:

Now watch it from 1:00:00 and read the title LOL. He doesn't say it but it's in the title! :thumbsup:

Well sweet then! I saw that, but thought nothing of it. I'm AT&T so I guess I wasn't worried about it! lol My buddy's getting a Verizon one, so we'll have to compare speeds.

HSDPA stands for High-Speed Downlink Packet Access.

It's a fast 3G network used by AT&T and T-Mobile. HSDPA is the fastest of the fast 3G networks; it's so fast that it's often called a 3.5G network.

AT&T says its HSDPA network can hit speeds of 3.6 Mbps to 14.4 Mbps. Real-world speeds typically are slower than that, but HSDPA is still a super-fast network.

Chris

Guest Sarah@Adams

Just pre-ordered my phone tonight. It will be nice to have a phone that the service doesn't die when I pull into the driveway! :help: I HOPE!

All of ours will be here on Friday... We ordered like 10 of them for work...

My wife can't wait to have my iPhone 4 and neither can I. Her Desire takes HORRIBLE pictures, and we want to be able to FaceTime and use the new mobile chat.

Chris

Already ordered the 32gb at 3am, lol

as for the screen protector, thats all I need right? (provided I have some type of snap case, looking at the below)

my Dad has one like this for his Droid Pro that he likes

apple_iphone4_holster_cov_kickstand.png

you will still be rockin 3G, this isnt a 4G phone

yeah, that looks like a cool one! I never had a screen protector on my 3g and it never really got a scratched!

Technically yes to the 3g comment! lol But when I said 3g I was referring to the name of the phone not really the system. Tired of having the same phone for 3 years. haha

I like the idea of the otterbox.. a lil pricey.. does it add a lot of bulk? I really like the holster design of it..

Nick, I bought a iPhone 4 last month (I was tired of waiting for the new one). I bought the Otterbox Defender case and a Commuter case too. The Commuter is less bulky. The difference is that the Commuter has a rubber case inner and a plastic case otter. The Defender is a plastic inner wrapped in a rubber case. Also the belt clip is super bulky.

One tip is to buy them from either Amazon or eBay. You can get them for more than half off the price of what a store will have it for. Verizon wanted $50 for the Defender, I got mine for $20 on eBay.

AT&T sold 200,000 4s phones in the first 12 hours of the pre-sale. Haven't heard any other figures from the other two, but that's a new record for Ma Bell. 200,000!!!!! holy carp!

Sent from my iPhone4 using special algorithms and data nodes!

Guest Sarah@Adams
AT&T sold 200,000 4s phones in the first 12 hours of the pre-sale. Haven't heard any other figures from the other two, but that's a new record for Ma Bell. 200,000!!!!! holy carp!

Sent from my iPhone4 using special algorithms and data nodes!

Wow! I hope mine doesn't get lost in the mess!

Both should be delivered to work tomorrow..

I don't like that the status says delivery by 7:30PM as I leave work between 5:00-5:30PM..

Now I have to figure out what I want to do for a case.. I'm still thinking the otterbox defender is the best choice, I'm just afraid to order because of how bulky some say it is.. I guess maybe I'll buy one from somewhere and try it out.. I hate that its $50 though..

Darn, I had written a paragraph and I lost it lol.

Have you looked into the Otterbox impact case (I think that's what it's called). It's not as bulky as the Defender, it's made of gel and is more padded on the corners (areas where it's more likely to fall on). I have one on my 3GS and it's been great! Two years and my phone is still going strong. I personally like how the 3GS looks better with this case than without it. If you arent to be doing too much where your phone might get really pounded, I would look into the impact case. My dad has a Defender for his 3GS but mostly because he has a flooring business so his phone gets dropped , etc. pretty often. I'm a student and work for him on weekends and during summer and my phone is fine with the Impact case. Just another option as Otterbox makes more than one case type. :thumbsup:

Archived