Customer Service 866.965.0400

I hate cleaning glass.....

StormChaser

Question

22 answers to this question

Speaking of Corvette windshields is there some kind of tool that allows you to clean the forward edge where the glass meets the dash? Ain't no way my fat fingers are going to get there, not to mention the reach requirement is pretty extreme.

Steve

Corvettes have the WORST glass...I always bump my arm on the inside of the windshield and create new smears...and don't even get me started on the hatch glass.

One tip: on the outside of the glass, do your final wipe vertically, and on the inside, do your final wipe horizontally, so if there ARE streaks, you quickly know which side of the glass they are on.

Great Idea. Thankx:thumbsup:

I don't know anyone who likes to clean windows!:help:

IDK Chris, it's one of my favorites to clean. I've got it down perfect to 2 passes...no streaks!

The Adam's spray bottles are money with the glass cleaner, because of their sniper like mist accuracy. I use 2 half pumps on the first pass per window side...then switch towels (I like the waffle weaves for first pass), then a half a trigger pull and the glass mf's (on the second pass) and that little trail behind the wipe...disappears like magic!

The only part I hate, is that area between the rear glass and the brake light!!!!!!!!:confused: It's got streaks in mine and there's no clearance, I have yet to get that cleaned. I need to brainstorm and build something myself to reach it.

One tip: on the outside of the glass, do your final wipe vertically, and on the inside, do your final wipe horizontally, so if there ARE streaks, you quickly know which side of the glass they are on.

I was just out in the garage cleaning my windows when I thought to myself "hey why don't you share this with Adam's forum?" (Thank you search function.) Alas, you beat me to it.:thumbsup: It has saved much aggravation over the years.

One other suggestion is to use those windshield cleaners on a stick devices. I searched every where to find one not from Red China but ended up getting one for Christmas from Mom. It works very well saving me contorting my old carcass over the top of the girls' car seats to clean the rear glass.

StormChaser, please tell me you wear polarized sunglasses to cut through this glare. That windshield glare could be hiding a child, motorcycle, etc. (Well not on the highway, but you get my drift.) Notice the vehicle on the left is nearly invisible with just the brake lights to alert you of it's existence.

6c7c45aa-eae3-bd30.jpg

Corvettes have the WORST glass...I always bump my arm on the inside of the windshield and create new smears...and don't even get me started on the hatch glass.

Awesome tip man

It hadn't been cleaned in soooo long. Even Adam commented on it when I met him in auburn.

However she is getting a full detail tomorrow. Even the glass. LMAO. When I was in auburn I learned new tricks from Justin and Mook including cleaning glass easier.

I don't have a cool cell signature.....I just use tapatalk

Full detail tomorrow? Haha i'll bring mine over that way so you can correct my jeep too! I hate cleaning glass too just for the simple fact that I have to stand on a ladder to reach some places on the jeep.

I HATE cleaning the inside glass on the Z06, it is a major pain in the rear. To do the rear window properly you need to snap your back and arm to get in the right position.

But yet, the glass on my TBSS has looked that bad plenty of times. lol Of course it can go 3 months between washes so that doesn't help. :o

It hadn't been cleaned in soooo long. Even Adam commented on it when I met him in auburn.

However she is getting a full detail tomorrow. Even the glass. LMAO. When I was in auburn I learned new tricks from Justin and Mook including cleaning glass easier.

wanna share? i hate cleaning the glass as well...never fails that i think i got everything and there is one spot i missed somewhere

Archived