Customer Service 866.965.0400

If you had a chance to buy back your first car, would you?

3PedalMINI

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VW Polo TDI Sportline... Completely loved that car, and I probably would've if I hadn't totaled it... and my second car, loved that too, and would've, if I hadn't totaled that one too. Funnily enough, someone bought my first car, repaired it, and then sold it to a friend of mine's brother (with the same plates on!!!) and he called me up to ask if I still had the spare key! ;)

1970 Dodge Challenger RT. My dad made a deal with me that if I could come up with the money to buy it he would pay the insurance as long as I was in school. I worked my butt off on the farm and on the day I turned 15 our first stop was the DMV to get my drivers license and than we stopped and I bought the Challenger on the way home. That I will say was probably the best birthday I ever had. Legel to drive and my first car.....all in hte same day.

That was 1977 and you would hardly give those types of cars away. The guy I bought it from was grateful to get a $1000 for it.

And hell yes I would love to buy it back.

get her back man thats awesome! I've heard this story multiple times of guys finding their cars again and never heard that they regret getting it back. And to your question I still have one of my first 2002 escalade, and my sister is going to be driving it soon, 190k miles original everything and chugging along :D*knock on wood*.

My first was a Dark Blue 1989 Ford F-250 Regualr Cab Long Bed. That thing was a beast, but gutless. If i could I would have it back in a second. I could drive it all winter and take it hunting so I could park my Silverado SS. But i would only want it if it was in the shape it was when I sold it. Since then it has been wrecked and trashed, and i have not seen it in a few years and i use to see it all the time running around.

Absolutely....1988 Red base coupe camaro. 6cyl and FUN to drive...either that or my second car....a 91 Z28 :thumbsup:

All those PALE in comparison for the car that I would buy on the spot...my Dad's 2 tone silver 1986 Corvette. I carry that VIN in my wallet and check every one I see.

2000 Grand Cherokee Limited that cost more to repair than I paid for that damn thing. I would drive it off a cliff if I could. Then, I would climb down the cliff, cover the remains of the Jeep in gas and proceed to light that sucker on fire as I dance around.

In other words, no I would not buy it back. :)

2000 Grand Cherokee Limited that cost more to repair than I paid for that damn thing. I would drive it off a cliff if I could. Then, I would climb down the cliff, cover the remains of the Jeep in gas and proceed to light that sucker on fire as I dance around.

Jeff, don't hold back man tell us how you really feel!!:lolsmack:

Originally Said by JJ1o87 viewpost.gif

Jeff, don't hold back man tell us how you really feel!!:lolsmack:

In the name of upping this newbie's postcount. LMAO.

1999 Pontiac Gran Am was my first car. Got her in 2002 and began hating her about the time the newness wore off. I can't complain though, it got me through high school and college and I sold her in 2005 when I bought my Silverado. I still see it around town from time to time and it looks to be living a pretty rough life, though there is plenty of nostalgia there to a younger, simpler less stressful time, I wouldn't want that car back at all.

So to the OP, how's it going on the thoughts of getting your car back? I say if you can make it work financially and really want it then go for it. Looks like the auction has about a day left on it.

• 6 months later...

I still drive my VERY first car..BUT..the first one I bought with MY cash 92' Nissan Maxima...I still scan the road to this day for it, even think I've spotted it a few times..I'd buy it back in a heartbeat if it was still as reliable as it was back in 2004! It was truly a great car and will always have a place in my heart...hell I'd like to think its why I bought another 4 door saloon my current garage queen IS300 and why I'm looking at getting another garage queen IS350...that old Maxima just meant and represented something to me...man buy and drive what YOU want because YOU want it!! You don't need others to justify your passion! If it makes you happy that's all that really matters my friend! :D

1st vehicle was a 78 long bed Chevy Silverado bought in 1988. Spent 2X as much time under the hood working on it than in the driver seat. It looked really good for about 6 months. Then had an ice storm and the engine started knocking so bad you could feel it on the floor board. My Dad had a "buddy" that was mechanic, who said he rebuild the engine and did a couple other things to fix it. Did all the work in about a day and 1/2. The clear coat also started peeling. I was ready to sale it and my brother decided he wanted it, so I sold it to him. Yes he knew it was a POS, he helped me work on it several times, but he bought it anyway. Ended up putting a new engine in it a month after I sold it. (Long story)

2nd vehicle was a 88 Dodge Dakota I bought used from a 70 year old man in 1991. It had 30k miles on it. I had it 2 months and was driving home from college and the transmission started making a terrible whining sound. Took it to the dealership and they told me the OD had went out and that I had been driving the truck without it being in OD. I asked the service manager if I drove it while not in OD why in the world would it burn up. Because it had 70,000 mile warranty, Dodge got to fix it. in the 2 1/2 years I had it the steering column broke, then the computer went out, then the ignition went out and every month I had to have the dealer put a oil sending unit on it. By the time I sold it to my Dad in 93 it was almost a new truck. I didn't want to sale it to my Dad but he wanted it. I did meet my wife in that truck, so I did get something good out of it.

3rd vehicle was a 94 Toyota Xtr-Cab 4X4. It was white and it looked great. That truck was great. The only problem I ever had with it was the cheap steel wheel got bent and had to buy a new one for $25 from the dealer. Never did anything but change the oil and air filter in it. I had put 80k on it and was ready to quit my job. So I sold it and bought a 98 Toyota Tacoma Xtr-Cab 4X4 to give me incentive to keep working. Didn't work, still ended up leaving and moving to a new state.

I would love to have my 94 or 98 Tacos back, best vehicles I ever owned.