Customer Service 866.965.0400

If you had a chance to buy back your first car, would you?

3PedalMINI

No, I wouldn't. It wouldn't stay running at idle. Some underclassmen walked up to me with the sale price in cash, I took it, he drove it off and an hour later it was into a tree.

Mookie WIN!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brendon, since this thread is a few months old i'm assuming you never got it back? what happened?

No, i didnt :( by the time i got the lease paperwork to get it traded she had been sold. I figured its for the best any way, i let her go once and that part of my life has been shut. Some amazing memories in her and ill always have a special place for her in my heart. She was the best and i hope she is in a good home now. I will never look again for any car ive sold, its too hard to see them in someone elses hands and mistreated

Sorry for being so corney, i do still miss her immensely :( i really just do not like my current mini, to refined and not nearly as much fun. :help:

On the way home yesterday from a job i stoped into the BMW dealership and drove a new f30 4door 328I (they actually had it in Manual :banana: ) And for the 30 minute test drive i had the biggest smile on my face, You would NEVER know it had a 4 banger in there. There isnt that n55 v6 engine note but man the car was awesome. It honestly handled far better then my mini and man did i beat that. Im sure the salesperson was regretting letting me drive it :lol: its refined but still has that "soul" of a BMW. i CANNOT wait for the f32 two door version to come out, the 4 door was so much fun the 2 door has got to be a blast. I think this will be my last ever mini, they have gotten away from their roots. They have the new coupe and next year will be released in GP form (Minis version of M) i might have to give that a try but i think my next car will be the BMW :D

funny, with the deals they are running now i can actually get into the car i drove yesterday for $103/month less then my mini and for trade in they get me well out of my lease and actually have a wee bit of equity in it because the mini hasnt depreciated nearly as much. Too bad i dont want a 4 door bimmer :lolsmack:

Tried to buy a sister of the second Camaro had way back in '82-83 82 Indy PaceCar recently. app 575 miles stored for just about 30 yrs. Had a knowlegeable 3rd Gen Guy research it. High bidder and then some and still didn't reach reserve. :( Now it's relisted again hmmm.

Me circa '82 and sister car now.Like going back in time.

Edited by ssbusdrvr

I was thinking about my first car the other day when I came across some misc interior parts in my basement. 1995 Grand Am 2 Door GT that I bought from my parents, I had fun with it for 8yrs when I got rid of it I was in the middle of fiberglassing tweeters into the triangles where the manual mirror adjustment would have been ( that is what I found in my basement). Had rims and most of bodykit on it when I traded it in ( never got around to ordering the rear fascia). I wondered if it was ever bought or what. Would I buy it back.... if I had the space to keep it MAYBE and only if it had the body kit still on it.

Traded that for a 04 2Dr Accord, had that for 2 years, then traded that in on my G8 GT I have now.

2000 Pontiac Sunfire (or sunflower as people called it). I was 18 and i thought i was the man. This was around the time fast and the furious came out. I put a makeshift cai on, 18" wheels and two Kicker L7's in the trunk. You couldn't tell me nothing over in Guam. Got stationed in Bahrain and still hot...just literally. Back stateside and traded it for an 03' Lincoln LS and that was a worst off situation. Blew head gaskets every year like clockwork. Got rid of that for my 11' Mustang GT/CS...i will never look back!

Back in 1978 ,I bought a 1969 Mercury Cougar with a 351 windsor and 4bbl. carb. I did a rotisserie nut and bolt restoration on it and only drove it on nice days. I added the Eliminator package to it. It was white with black interior and black spoilers. Awesome car!! In 1990, I traded it in on a new Cougar. I always wonder where that car ended up? I would love to have it back.I wonder what it looks like now.