After the First Time

noob

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You old sailors and your clouded dreams! :lolsmack:

My "original" reply to this just went into cyber space.:confused:

Yea, but just look at all the "experience" us Sailors have gained. :lol:

If it wasn't for the Navy, you Marines would have to learn how to walk on water. Our "ships" have to take you every place you went and then we waited to pick you back up.

All jokes aside AJ, I have nothing but the HIGHEST respect for ALL Marines - young and old.

Running night patrols in Nam (yes, Squids in the bush) our six man patrol ran across a lot of Marine night patrols. Met some of the finest fighting men I've ever known. Sadly to say, watched a lot of them die too.

On the flip side of that, if it wasn't for a few outstanding SSGT's, I probably wouldn't be here today. Got a lot of excellent advice on how to run my Squid patrols. Just a little something the *&%$ Navy Officers forgot about.

There indeed were the good 'ol bar fights between Squids and Marines and afterwards we would all shake hands. Out in the bush, they covered my back a few times and I covered theirs a few times. Never met a Marine I didn't get along with.

My door is always open to any Marine - day or night!

God Bless Brother. And here is to the one I'll probably never have a chance to buy ya. :cheers:

You know that the respect is MUTUAL! :patriot:

It took me spending 6 months at sea aboard the USS Ogden LPD-5 before I really appreciated the Navy. By the end bof that deployment, I was spending more time around the sailors than I was around my own Marines. They had all the hookups and some of the guys I remember best were in the Navy, especially the Corpsmen. I have mad respect for those guys. They could hump up and down a mountain with any Marine.

Don't worry, if I;m ever in your neck of the holler, I'll be banging on your hatch. :D

You know that the respect is MUTUAL! :patriot:

It took me spending 6 months at sea aboard the USS Ogden LPD-5 before I really appreciated the Navy. By the end bof that deployment, I was spending more time around the sailors than I was around my own Marines. They had all the hookups and some of the guys I remember best were in the Navy, especially the Corpsmen. I have mad respect for those guys. They could hump up and down a mountain with any Marine.

Don't worry, if I;m ever in your neck of the holler, I'll be banging on your hatch. :D

I put the USS Vancouver LPD-2 into commission in New York. An earlier version of the newest LPD's.

:iagree: those Navy Corpsmen were a very dedicated bunch of individuals. You never bad mouthed a Marine when one of them were around.

If ya ever want to stop by, give me two days notice. I need to paint the house "Navy Gray" so ya won't miss it.

Love to have ya for dinner.

When it comes to brain overload, here's what I tell people. Pick a product and master it. Chasing a shine is like a dog chasing his tail. You'll never catch it if you never master one brand of product. You can never achieve expert results with a product the first time you use it because you are not an expert with that product. Always keep that in mind when you hear a negative critique about a product. Ask yourself, "Is that person an expert, an expert with that line or just a poor Joe like me?"

AJ: When you said "pick a product and master it. . . . . . . " Well that got me to thinking. First, it's very true. However in order to "master it" one needs something to apply the product to and then try to master it.

My neighbor has four car doors and a hood in his shop. Paint is in good condition. In the next few days I'm going to haul a door or two over to my shop. Going to start my "mastering practice" on those items. Better to mess them up rather then my own vehicles.

Not only will this give me a chance to get use to more of Adam's products but will also allow me to start using my Flex, which so far I have left alone and been using the PC. :pc:

TKS for the great advice.

Oregon is a long way from Kentucky but I've been known to travel for food! :D

The thing with mastering the Flex and the PC. They are definitely two different animals but time behind the polishers is what is going to give you the results that you want. I cannot even phathom how many hours I have behind both but you can bet that my results with each is a direct results of that time. It comes a lot quicker if someone shows you what to do but there are enough videos floating around here that you can learn from.

I wish the Internet was around when I started. I could have subscribed to Obi-Wan Buff Master Kenobi's vids and saved myself the learning curve. :willy:

Oregon is a long way from Kentucky but I've been known to travel for food! :D

The thing with mastering the Flex and the PC. They are definitely two different animals but time behind the polishers is what is going to give you the results that you want. I cannot even phathom how many hours I have behind both but you can bet that my results with each is a direct results of that time. It comes a lot quicker if someone shows you what to do but there are enough videos floating around here that you can learn from.

I wish the Internet was around when I started. I could have subscribed to Obi-Wan Buff Master Kenobi's vids and saved myself the learning curve. :willy:

:lolsmack: With that beautiful vehicle you have - 12 - 15 hours and you will be sitting at my dinning room table.

Video's! I have been watching those since the very first product I received from Adam's. And I'll be re-watching them every chance I get.

Maybe I'm getting old or was to young but an't got a clue who or what

Obi-Wan Buff Master Kenobi's vids is/are. It wouldn't by chance be a new Marine hand to hand combat video. :thumbsup:

... Maybe I'm getting old or was to young but an't got a clue who or what

Obi-Wan Buff Master Kenobi's vids is/are. It wouldn't by chance be a new Marine hand to hand combat video. :thumbsup:

He would have been some guy who made all the videos I did, before me. But alas, there was no Internet for us regular citizens. :(

He would have been some guy who made all the videos I did, before me. But alas, there was no Internet for us regular citizens. :(

Let me put it this way. I'm "GLAD" his are not viewable and yours are!! :cheers: My wife thinks I've fallen in love with some woman on the internet cuz I'm spending a ton of time in my den, watching your video's and Adam's. To keep her guessing, when I hear her approaching my den, I close out the video and return to the main browser. :lolsmack:

Let me put it this way. I'm "GLAD" his are not viewable and yours are!! :cheers: My wife thinks I've fallen in love with some woman on the internet cuz I'm spending a ton of time in my den, watching your video's and Adam's. To keep her guessing, when I hear her approaching my den, I close out the video and return to the main browser. :lolsmack:

:lol:

That's mean!

AJ where would the Marines be if not for us Navy guys and gals? :patriot::lolsmack:

Why we would Improvise, Adapt and overcome the odds. Might be a little tired after swimming across the ocean,, but dont fret, it would still be booty whooping time.

:banana:

:lolsmack: With that beautiful vehicle you have - 12 - 15 hours and you will be sitting at my dinning room table.

Video's! I have been watching those since the very first product I received from Adam's. And I'll be re-watching them every chance I get.

Maybe I'm getting old or was to young but an't got a clue who or what

Thats funny

:lolsmack:

Probably NOT as famous with the ladies in the Philippians! :D :D :D

Oh Snap. I know you didnt mention home away from home : :party:

Nothing like a Red Horse,, Pancit,,, a stroll down Magsaysay drive with 15 pesos in your pocket to bring back memories.... maybe no change after a bar fine is paid... :patriot:

I think i might have to swim my way for that.............

Why we would Improvise, Adapt and overcome the odds. Might be a little tired after swimming across the ocean,, but dont fret, it would still be booty whooping time.

:banana:

Yea but us Sailors would have to show you how: :drool:

"Sailors Are More Fun."

"Sailors Have More Fun."

Yo GMoney: Would my assumption that you are or have been a Sailor be correct???? Hope so, we got this Marine, AJ, aka the Junkman, who is a Marine. :help:

No No might I add NO... 100 % U.S. Marine. Trained in the Badlands of Parris Island, walked the swamps of the Philippines, slithered thru the Deserts of Saudia Arabia and Iraq.

Devil Dog Extraordinaire, SORRYYYY :rockon:

No No might I add NO... 100 % U.S. Marine. Trained in the Badlands of Parris Island, walked the swamps of the Philippines, slithered thru the Deserts of Saudia Arabia and Iraq.

Devil Dog Extraordinaire, SORRYYYY :rockon:

:help: Noooooooooooooo, I can't put up with "2" Marines on here. I hope AJ doesn't see this. :lolsmack: Walked the swamps of the Philippines?? Hmmmmmmmm, all I ever did was walk from bar to bar to bar. :cheers:

:welcomebanner: Home Bro!!!!!! If it wasn't for Sailors and Marines, all the bars would go broke. :D

Archived