Customer Service 866.965.0400

Army Promotion Board in a week!

Frid

Well. Got the board done over and done with today. Was actually less nervous in front of all the diamonds and star than our company boards. So all in all they say I improved dramatically from the previous MOCK boards and that I will make a great leader and NCO. So as of today I have my promotable status. Thanks everyone who gave me advice and for all the support! Now to get my points to get my rank :D

Mock boards are generally harder because they are with your immediate supervisors and peers. I will chime in with more advice when I have a little more time. Congrats!

Thanks guys. Yeah trying to work on that here. They have the Warrior University program for college that I'm going to take full advantage of for the 4 months left here after I get back from leave. Just got done with WLC before starting all of the boards. Went to the range and got a 38/40, and been hitting up the gym for the last month or so to improve my PT (hopefully can take one before I leave here). But when they say "with more rank comes more responsibility" they arent lying lol. Already been given several soldiers to look after. Been trying to get into the whole gig and its going smooth. Again, thank you guys!

Congrats. Wish I had seen this post sooner but you did alright anyway. I retired from the military a few years ago after spending a couple years active duty Army in the 60s, and 22 years in the ILL Air National Guard. I retired as Wing Command Chief, militarily the same as a Command Sergeant Major. When I began meeting the various state promotion boards, the one question each board asked in one for or another was. "What do you view your job as a supervisor (or leader) to be?". My response was talked about for quite a while after my promotions. I told the boards that "I view the job as a supervisor as a facilitator. I believe the effective supervisor's job is to give his peers and all those under his authority everything they need to be successful in the performance of their jobs and the advancement of their careers.". Turns out it was one of the best answers the board had ever heard. Should you come upon a similar question in your future boards, maybe you might try this answer. Can't hurt. That aside, unless the Army is that different, remember that you probably wouldn't be standing in front of that particular board unless you already met certain rigid qualifications. So relax a little. I just to tell myself...before meeting a board... That I was bound to screw up so just accept the fact. Then when I did screw up I didn't get nearly as panic stricken as most folks. Although they want to see how you handle pressure, they realize what you are going through.

Archived