Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC on non paint surfaces?

Black Si

Question

In the middle of my first detail, bout to start polishing. How careful do I need to be about not touching non painted surfaces with the PC? And what can I do for the glass? I'm using MSS and tomorrow butter wax, can either of these be used on class? What about using the PC with MSS on glass?

13 answers to this question

I'm not too sure about your questions; but I will say that I like to use the glass cleaner followed by the glass sealant followed by some brilliant glaze.

I mean... worst comes to worse you always try a test area, right? My guess is that it would make it cloudy though. Hopefully someone knows better than I do.

In the middle of my first detail, bout to start polishing. How careful do I need to be about not touching non painted surfaces with the PC? And what can I do for the glass? I'm using MSS and tomorrow butter wax, can either of these be used on class? What about using the PC with MSS on glass?

Make sure you tape off trim,non painted etc., it will protect the car & the pads. Have you tried Adam's Glass Sealant?

Adam's Glass Sealant - 4 oz. Bottle

For glass, never under-estimate the wonderfulness of a clay bar. Glass cleaner, clay, glass cleaner, sealant. That is my process.

For the unpainted surfaces, use green painters tape. If you don';t have any blue works just as well (the green comes off easier; the blue may leave a little glue, but rarely.)

Off topic question and I searched but figure is try here someone would see it...

I washed clayed polished and applied MSS yesterday then drove on the hwy 100 miles. Today I'm going to apply buttery wax. How concerned do I need to be with having a clean car before applying it? I don't have access to a wash and only have detail spray and towels. It looks clean to me, would you suggest a light mist of detail spray and wipedown with microfiber towel?

K, so again, I washed/clay/polish/MSS yesterday, drove 100 miles and parked the car outside overnight (as always). Now I want to apply buttery wax.

My choices before doing this are:

*careful detail spray wipe down with microfiber cloth

*go to the do it yourself power wash car wash, use all my own stuff except the pressure washer hose and wash/dry/wax there.

Suggestions?

Thanks everyone for the help. Took it to the car wash and waxed it there too. Unfortunately I left my Adam's wash pad there and was way too tired to go back to get it. Overall I'm pretty happy with the result. I put in roughly 10 hours and now have a shiny wet black car. All the swirl marks are gone, just have a few straight line scratches. I learned a lot for next time.

Archived