Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cat trouble...again

bigaudiofanatic

Question

So some of you may remember that I was having some cat trouble. The cat had one paw that still had clays that was scratching my car. That was taken care of.

Now I have another problem same cat. It seems when the cat jumps from the gritty sandy driveway to my car hood he slides about a half inch making very distinct scratch mars about a 1/4 wide. I can not just keep correcting these because I will wear out my CC

What are my options,

Thing I have thought about are the fallowing.

Chili powder around my car to agitate his paws and to stay away. Or on hood

This?

Surface Protection Film Roll - Everyday and Storage - Car Maintenance - Griot's Garage

Please help me

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEHE that little ba****d will not know what hits him tonight!!!!! I bought quite a few of these :D I put a heavy blanket under them and they are set.

Well don't be surprised if you end up with nothing but mice. Those "cheeseless" traps actually work. I had to put a few to the test.

think you are looking in the wrong category, i think shotguns/handgun stores might get you better results ;)

sorry, maybe getting a car cover would help. that film might start getting expensive

Ya but from all I have read car covers are a pain in the but especially for a DD that sits outside.

Option 1: remove said paw.

Option 2: PC to the claws.:pc:

Option 3: orange peels. I have had good luck with cats that I have had marking their territory in the house. I would put orange peels in the areas where I didn't want the cat. The cat avaoided that area. After a while I removed the peels. Never had the problem again. Perhaps a few well placed orange peels or citrus-based product sprayed in key areas, say on the ground around the car (I wouldn't spray the car with anything). Give it a try. If that fails at least you get more vitimin C in your diet.

Edit: great video!!!

Take a trip into a local Petsmart or Petco and see what they suggest. There are sprays and scented things to keep pets away from plants, furniture, etc. so I'm sure there's something that's safe and effective for keeping a cat away from your car.

I've also heard that putting loops of masking tape or crinkled up sheets of aluminum foil will discourage the cat from jumping up there -- apparently they don't like getting the tap stuck to their paws or the feel of the foil.

i am having the exact same problems with a cat at the

moment.:mad: so far i have tried using pepper sprinkled around the car. then tried dog and cat repelant spray(sprayed under the guards). at the moment im using moth balls placed around the car were it is parked. been told cats dont like the smell of the moth balls. so far for the last 4 days i have been trying them there has been no paw prints on the car in the morning.:xfingers:

Archived