Customer Service 866.965.0400

2008 Audi A3

THE Mook

JD_SS and I were back at it again this past Saturday, this time getting an Audi A3 ready for winter!

Products Used:

Foam Gun

Two Buckets with Grit Guards

Fender Brush

Turbostick

9x9 Wash Pad

11x11 Wash Pad

Firehose Nozzle/Shut Off Combo

Car Shampoo

APC

DS

WW

SVRT

Glass Cleaner

In n Out Spray

Invisible Undercarriage Spray

Claybar

SSR

SHR

FMP

Revive

MP #1

MP #2

The New Secret Sealant while JD_SS took a break. ;)

Flex x2

Sidekick by Blaster

All corresponding Microfiber and applicators.

We could see ahead of time that we had a bit of work on our hands, given the hard water stains, the swirl marks, and the sad looking exhaust tips. We started out the day by giving the wheels and tires a fair amount of attention, and they responded nicely! From there it was onto the engine bay, then onto the was. 3oz. of APC mixed into the Foam Gun that already had water and Car Shampoo in it. Then dry it with a DS mist and the Blaster and a Great White Drying Towel. The Claybar then got busted out, knocked it out, and JD and I moved onto correcting and polishing the paint! I think it turned out very nice!

Thanks for looking,

Mook

Before:

SAM_1301.jpg

SAM_1300.jpg

SAM_1314.jpg

SAM_1310.jpg

SAM_1309.jpg

SAM_1303.jpg

SAM_1304.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

SAM_1302.jpg

SAM_1306.jpg

SAM_1307.jpg

A Few During:

SAM_1305.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

DSC02710.jpg

DSC02717.jpg

DSC02721.jpg

DSC02738.jpg

SAM_1317.jpg

SAM_1321.jpg

SAM_1322.jpg

Now It's Time for Results!

DSC02742.jpg

DSC02747.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

SAM_1324.jpg

SAM_1328.jpg

SAM_1329.jpg

SAM_1331.jpg

SAM_1323.jpg

SAM_1332.jpg

SAM_1333.jpg

SAM_1335.jpg

SAM_1325.jpg

Thanks for doing the writeup Mook. I think that Audi looked great! Great job! Standing there admiring it after the detail, you might start to consider getting one as a DD!

I will say that the piece de resistance was the exhaust tip turn around.

:bow:Mook

Great reflection! :rockon::rockon:

SAM_1328.jpg

Fantastic recovery!!:2thumbs:

Curious how you got that rainbow effect? :D

Thank You! I have no idea how that little rainbow shows up. It's not in all the pictures only in some, and usually inside something really shiney....weird!

:glasses:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great.

I have a question about the exhaust tips, I've noticed Dylan uses 0000 steel wool when he does his details, is this necessary for all exhaust tips? Or is this only necessary for pitted/exhaust soot tips?

Looks great.

I have a question about the exhaust tips, I've noticed Dylan uses 0000 steel wool when he does his details, is this necessary for all exhaust tips? Or is this only necessary for pitted/exhaust soot tips?

I think it's only necessary when you don't think metal #1 and #2 can get the job done. EDIT* Although now I'm not exactly sure. Looks like Mook used it on the GCSRT8 too, and I didn't think those tips were too bad. But I could be wrong...

SAM_1360.jpg

I'll let him weigh in!

Four-Ott (.0000) Steel Wool is amazing when combined with APC or MP #1 when trying to clean and polish cruddy tips!

I soak the tip down with APC, scrub @ it a bit with a chunk of the steel wool, use an Edgeless Towel to wipe dry, then take another chunk of the steel wool and add some MP #1 to it, and begin to apply that to the area. Once I feel it's "cleaned" enough, I usually attack it one more time with MP #1 on a Revive Applicator, then follow with MP#2 on a separate Revive Applicator, thus making faces melt all across the land!

Bring me some Ale!

Mook

Have you looked outside today?

Great work guys!

Nice save Chris and JD as always outstanding, got to love black paint. I'm driving my 5th black car, and still love the color. :glasses:

Thanks! I love black paint! I don't know what the fuss is about it! :rockon:

David, it's still freezing cold here, but that doesn't stop me! I need my therapy!

Archived