Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strange effect in paint after PC/FMP

GTAHVIT

Question

Got a question as a first time PC user.

I've got a similar situation... emx620 in this thread.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/machine-polishing/13711.htm?highlight=holograms

All I've done to the car with the PC is the SHR, and I have something similar to emx620 going on...

In direct sunlight, I have one or two vertical lines parallel to each other that move in the opposite direction as I am.

So if I'm standing on the passenger side facing the car and slide to the front bumper, the lines move to the rear. and vice versa....

I wanted to ask you guys if this is normal? and I should continue on with FMP?

I'll post some pics here in a few, need to move the car so it's in some direct sunlight.

I planned on finishing up the polishing with some BG then BW...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I see it. I get those as well. I'm going to have to try Dylan's dawn/APC treatment next time before going to town on the truck.

btw, you need new tires. :D

Yep I'm gonna put some Isopropyl Alcohol. on the car to get it uber clean...

Then hit it again.

:D

If you think the fronts are bad you should see the rears... :willy:

Cool, shouldn't be too dirty as we are expecting any rain and I keep her in the garage at night...

I finally got a good video of the effect I'm seeing... I'm starting to think it's just reflection from microscratches... should be ready to post in a few mins

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Get em young man - Good Job! Two Bucket wash should be instinct to future drivers.

Personally, I never planned to ever wash I car. When I was 14 I figured my 3rd platinum album would guarantee my Limo status for life.

Blah, by age 30, only had one local hit song, sold 6000 copies at shows. Lame.

2 bucket wash rules. Add a Merino wash mitt to your next order. Worth the $$cha-ching$$.:2thumbs:

Get em young man - Good Job! Two Bucket wash should be instinct to future drivers.

Personally, I never planned to ever wash I car. When I was 14 I figured my 3rd platinum album would guarantee my Limo status for life.

Blah, by age 30, only had one local hit song, sold 6000 copies at shows. Lame.

2 bucket wash rules. Add a Merino wash mitt to your next order. Worth the $$cha-ching$$.:2thumbs:

and I thought I was gonna be a pro athlete.... at 5'9" 150 lbs...

:lolsmack:

At least you actually gave it a shot. :thumbsup:

the merino mit is on my wish list for sure. :D

69870358.jpg

:jester:

Dude, It's like you were there...

:lol:

verynice family event..dylan nice photoshop work

Thanks very much!

photoshop... LMAO

Guest Gone & Forgotten

http://www.soloman.net/resources/whynot.mp3

The Song lol. There's others, had a few play on local radio in moderate rotation. Was cool, I'd be working and hear my band on the radio. Pretty cool feeling. Been over 10 years. Now I just write and record on the iMac home studio.

5'9" 150 - there's PLENTY pro athletes that size. I was too lazy to play sports. Long hair and guitars = ladies when I was younger ;).

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

OK to the experts....

car rewashed, clayed.... AAAANDD wiped down with 70% iso alchohol. :D

That baby is stripped! :D

cleaned everything all my pads and MF towels. I will probably be able to start polishing again with the PC on Wed.

so, what should I do if anything before I start polishing? wipe the car down again with Alcohol? waterless wash???

What say the experts :D

Archived