Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forum Craft & Import Brew Connoisseur Discussion

Team Adam's

i picked up a 6 pack sampler from my grocery store earlier in the week... i picked 6 beers i've never tried before:

05c298ff.jpg

1st up, St. Arnolds WeedWhacker.

this is a true to it's name lawnmower beer. the initial smell reminded me of fresh cut grass. the taste was delicious. very light beer for a craft with its crystal clear pale color. this would be a great introductory beer for someone just starting to get into craft brews.

next, St. Arnolds Amber Ale.

this was a great balanced beer. not to bitter, not to sweet. medium bodied, and like the name states it is amber in color. great beer for the winter time in temperate climates.

and then... St. Arnolds Brown Ale.

this was the darkest of the 3, but don't let that fool you. its was a very malty beer with only a slightly bitter after taste. this would bea tasty "after dinner" drink.

next up, some seasonal beers.

Blue Moon Pumkin Ale.

this was the first pumkin ale i've ever tried. its much like the St. Arnolds Amber, with a hint of pumkins. i was expecting the pumkin to be overpowering, but it wasn't at all. this is a great thanksgiving time drink.

Shiner Oktoberfest.

Marzen style beers are becoming my favorite style the more i drink them. this being, only the 2nd i've tried, i was quite delighted. although, i think the Sam Adams Oktoberfest is better. this beer has a rich caramel flavor and sweet malt flavor, with a slightly buttery biscuit aftertaste. DELICIOUS!!! this will be the first type of lager i homebrew when i find room for a fermentation chamber

and last but not least, Sam Adams Winter Lager.

i was hesitant to try this one because it has cinammon added to it during the brew. i'm not a fan of cinammon, but when i tried this beer, i was quite delighted. it was more like the St. Arnolds Brown Ale in color and initial taste, but with some different spice notes and a little more bitterness towards the end. this will be a great beer for those cold winter nights ahead!

I enjoyed another from the six pack last evening whilst throwing down some MW3. I really enjoy this beer. Some Winter brews...you just have to sip because their flavor profile only allows that. This beer though, you can DRINK!

Looking at something new for the weekend...will post back once I decide which MicroBeer company gets my money @ the store later!

Mook

look what i found at the grocery store!

9b9d9936.jpg

it may be made by the world's largest beer company, but this is only made in small batches in their NY brewery. i saw it and quickly grabbed the last 6 pack! i'm oddly in a fruity mood with beer right now. my Raspberry Wheat ingredients arrive today, and tomorrow morning i shall be brewing my first ever fruit beer!!!

if you find yourself drinking one of these, the flavors really come out in the mid to high 40F temps. refrigerate it, but leave it out on the counter for 15-20 minutes before popping the top! DELICIOUS!!!

BLAAAAAMMMM!!!

On the agenda this weekend...

66c3f9c4.jpg

Torpedo®

Sierra Nevada Torpedo is a big American IPA; bold, assertive, and full of flavor highlighting the complex citrus, pine, and herbal character of whole-cone American hops.

Around here, we take hops pretty seriously, which is why we weren’t satisfied with the standard method of dry hopping for our first year-round IPA. We spent years tinkering, tasting, and tweaking ways to get the biggest and best hop flavors and aromas into our beer.

Our persistence has paid off. Our obsession with harnessing huge hop flavor led to the development of what we call the hop torpedo, a revolutionary method of dry-hopping designed, built, and debuted here at the brewery. Our torpedo is a sleek, stainless-steel piece of hardware that delivers more pure hop aroma than any method of dry-hopping we’ve ever seen. Like all our beers, Torpedo Extra IPA uses only the best whole-cone hops possible making this delicious ale worth the wait.

look what i found at the grocery store!

9b9d9936.jpg

it may be made by the world's largest beer company, but this is only made in small batches in their NY brewery. i saw it and quickly grabbed the last 6 pack! i'm oddly in a fruity mood with beer right now. my Raspberry Wheat ingredients arrive today, and tomorrow morning i shall be brewing my first ever fruit beer!!!

if you find yourself drinking one of these, the flavors really come out in the mid to high 40F temps. refrigerate it, but leave it out on the counter for 15-20 minutes before popping the top! DELICIOUS!!!

BLAAAAAMMMM!!!

I will have to respectfully disagree here. I did not like this "beer" at all. It came off tasting like NyQuil, both ice cold, and also with your directions above. I still have a bad aftertaste in my mouth from it today! But hey, I am kinda picky about fruity beer. That is one of the beauties of a thread like this...a bunch of different tastes merging with thousands of brews! :cheers:

Along with a sixxer of that, I bought a sixxer of White Rascal, this time in cans. The guy behind the counter says it's at the very least as good as the bottled stuff.

Weihenstephan - lteste Brauerei der Welt I cannot get enough of this, it so good. You have to hunt this down. Its to expensive to drink all the time here in the states, a good celebratory beer :thumbsup:

Still brewed under the german purity law

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0sKa-dtLqE4fyKaux1DbKeg7hRsTlMP8eRlDHsCS_KV3ot0tw4Q

This is actually pretty cheap beer but it is AWESOME! Im pretty sure its only availible in PA,NY,NJ,DE,MA,VA. Well worth a try if you can find it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQotnNoo5IbGIqRCSy3Ls9ifxAbzZiPCCWKzmwP-0ZdgMzgOjTzwA

And as always, the best combination with a steak...I dont think you west coasters can get it yet. it is also very hard to get down south too

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROEIRHGoBt5TSh07cgs8WVqk3YVfKzbk4865t4IaCeWAYdIi_o

Edited by 3PedalMINI

Two of my good buddies and I are starting a small brewery in my Restaurant. Its gonna be a very small venture at first just supplying my restaurant for now. We don't have any brew pubs in our town so we will be first. The name is Basket Case Brewing and it will be in the Mill House Restaurant in Jasper In. We are starting with a Mill House Ale and will hopefully add a nut brown shortly after if not at the same time here in january we hope. The name has some musical background, and the beer names will too. The real name of the Ale will be Revolution Ale, but in my restaurant it will be the house beer "Mill House Ale". I am very excited about this venture and hope it grows into something. Can't wait to roll it out!

I will have to respectfully disagree here. I did not like this "beer" at all. It came off tasting like NyQuil, both ice cold, and also with your directions above. I still have a bad aftertaste in my mouth from it today! But hey, I am kinda picky about fruity beer. That is one of the beauties of a thread like this...a bunch of different tastes merging with thousands of brews! :cheers:

Along with a sixxer of that, I bought a sixxer of White Rascal, this time in cans. The guy behind the counter says it's at the very least as good as the bottled stuff.

there isn't many that like this one surprisingly. it has bad reviews on beeradvocate, yet it some how won a gold medal at the 2006 North American Brewer's Association Beer Awards. fruit beer is definitely different than regular beer. i guess you can say its an acquired taste.

you gotta REALLY like blueberry pancakes to like this one :loser:

there isn't many that like this one surprisingly. it has bad reviews on beeradvocate, yet it some how won a gold medal at the 2006 North American Brewer's Association Beer Awards. fruit beer is definitely different than regular beer. i guess you can say its an acquired taste.

i've got a sixxer of Blue Moon in the fridge for this weekend. sunny 70s here in texas, kinda reminds me of spring :lol:

Starting to compile my beer for the holiday season... love this time of year. All the winter beers are on the shelves, limited editions, seasonals, etc. Still on my Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA kick right now and there are a dozen bottles of Stone Sublimely Self Righteous chilling in the garage fridge. :drool:

Two of my good buddies and I are starting a small brewery in my Restaurant. Its gonna be a very small venture at first just supplying my restaurant for now. We don't have any brew pubs in our town so we will be first. The name is Basket Case Brewing and it will be in the Mill House Restaurant in Jasper In. We are starting with a Mill House Ale and will hopefully add a nut brown shortly after if not at the same time here in january we hope. The name has some musical background, and the beer names will too. The real name of the Ale will be Revolution Ale, but in my restaurant it will be the house beer "Mill House Ale". I am very excited about this venture and hope it grows into something. Can't wait to roll it out!

Very cool BJoe!

This is actually pretty cheap beer but it is AWESOME! Im pretty sure its only availible in PA,NY,NJ,DE,MA,VA. Well worth a try if you can find it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQotnNoo5IbGIqRCSy3Ls9ifxAbzZiPCCWKzmwP-0ZdgMzgOjTzwA

And as always, the best combination with a steak...I dont think you west coasters can get it yet. it is also very hard to get down south too

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROEIRHGoBt5TSh07cgs8WVqk3YVfKzbk4865t4IaCeWAYdIi_o

We can get Yuengling almost every place we go, and few places carry Honey Brown. Maybe it doesn't make it down to Lauderdale!

My wife said the same thing! :lol:

I need to get some more Breckenridge Christmas Ale and Tommyknocker Cocoa Porter for the weekend, oh and Avery Old Jubilation if I can find it!

• 2 weeks later...

Helped Reichler (formerly SkiPopeye) replace the radiator in his fathers 2004 GTO this morning and was rewarded for my efforts with a six pack of Stone Ruination IPA: IBU 100+ I could smell the Hops aroma upon opening the bottle. So good!

ripa.png

So called because of the "ruinous" effect on your palate! This massive hop monster has a wonderfully delicious and intensely bitter flavor on a refreshing malt base. One taste and you can easily see why we call this brew "a liquid poem to the glory of the hop!" Those who seek, crave and rejoice in beers with big, bold, bitter character will find true nirvana in Stone Ruination IPA!

i tried a new one this weekend:

Böner Sun-Kissed Wheat

5783818040_53e5e10b55.jpg

funny name, lots of "that's what she said" jokes when asking for this at the bar, but over all it was a good beer. what's different about this one from most belgian style wheats is the use of pineapple instead of orange peel and coriander in the brew. the result is a very smooth finish, and i couldn't even taste or smell the pineapple. but that may be due to having quite a few beers before trying it :D

Been jamming some Avery Brewing Co. Old Jubilation Winter Ale. While I don't like it as much as the Breckenridge Christmas Ale, it's still a damn fine ale. Not quite as bitter but feels a little heavier than the other Winter Brews I have tried the past 3 months. Then again, this one has more alcohol in it too...

Beer Style: English Old Ale

Hop Variety: Bullion

Malt Variety: Two-row barley, special roast, black, chocolate, victory

OG: 1.074 ABV: 8.3% IBUs: 30

Color: Mahogany

jub_group400.png

Our winter strong ale has a gorgeous mahogany hue, a hint of hazelnuts, and a finish reminiscent of mocha and toffee. No spices, just a perfect blend of five specialty malts. Cellarable for 2 years.

Food Pairing: Old Jubilation Ale--most fittingly--is comfortable being sipped and quaffed alongside many large cuts of meat you typically find around the holidays. Roast duck, crown roast, rack of lamb, prime rib, herb and honey crusted chicken and all manner of gamebirds are great choices, as are seasonal soups made with spices like nutmeg and cinnamon.

Availability: Seasonally from September to December. Six-pack bottles, cases, 1/6BBL and 1/2BBL kegs.

Tags: English Strong Ale Roast Duck Prime Rib Wild Game 6% to 10%