Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forum Craft & Import Brew Connoisseur Discussion

Team Adam's

Just found this thread. Currently enjoying a Great Lakes Christmas Ale. The stuff is legendary. Really, all of Great Lakes stuff is good.

I love Fat Tire, but can't get it here.

A couple of years ago, I flew over to Dublin to catch the Guinness 250 since Guinness is one of my favorites. I thought I was in heaven

If you ever run into a beer called Desperados (tequila flavored beer) RUN! It is the worst ever - 5 of us couldn't finish 1 12oz bottle.

here's one that i keep getting drawn to at the bar and grocery store:

Real-Ale-Firemans-4_Final-1024x576.jpg

this is a great tasting Blonde Ale, with a hint of hoppy bitterness similar to an IPA, just not as potent. this would be a great beer for the first time craft beer drinker to try!

and this one has to be my favorite blonde... i can say that since my wife's a brunette :D

I'm curious to try the Sam Adam's Infinium... might have to grab a bottle for New Years Eve

92807.jpg

I bought a bottle last year. It is to say the least.....different. Sort of a cross between champagne and beer. When I first tried it I didn't like it. But after a glass it grew on me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Now I have to go find me some.<o:p></o:p>

they had some bottles of Chimay Red Trappist Ale and Blue Belgian Strong Dark Ale at the grocery store yesterday. i was kinda hesitant to buy it. anyone here try this kind yet? just looked on beer advocate and the Chimay Blue scored a 95/100 putting it into the World-Class, Must Try category.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

they had some bottles of Chimay Red Trappist Ale and Blue Belgian Strong Dark Ale at the grocery store yesterday. i was kinda hesitant to buy it. anyone here try this kind yet? just looked on beer advocate and the Chimay Blue scored a 95/100 putting it into the World-Class, Must Try category.

Anything Chimay is incredible, you won't be disappointed. There's a reason it scores in the high 90s. ;)

My Man!

Found a case last night...last case close to my house...gonna be a sad Mook come next week!

It was pretty tasty, indeed. :cheers:

Anything Chimay is incredible, you won't be disappointed. There's a reason it scores in the high 90s. ;)

It was pretty tasty, indeed. :cheers:

awesome! they had a 3 pack gift set of the red, blue, and tripel, with a chimay glass. i think i'll head back and pick that up for christmas eve and christmas dinner

Started out with a bottle Victory Hop Devil and finished with their V12 Quad If you are a fan of strong Ales, it's a must try imho. What should be a midnight snack now? Trade you a bottle of that Christmas Ale for a ? :2thumbs:

Anyone brew their own?

Brew Your Own: The How-To Homebrew Beer Magazine - Recipes - English & Scottish Strong Ale - Breckenridge Christmas Ale clone

Merry Christmas to all you Hopheads.

:cheers:

hope everyone had a merry christmas...

the Chimay was great! the Tripel was my favorite. very similar to an IPA.

last night, i won this during our traditional White Elephant game:

697c8978.jpg

i'm really excited to try these out! i'm saving them for New Year's.

Gnomegang is a Belgian style Strong Blonde Ale. In appearance, Gnomegang is a rich, translucent gold, with a big, fluffy white head. The high-carbonation is readily apparent. The nose focuses on distinctive clove aromas, combined with yeasty fruitiness typical of Chouffe beers. Flavors include ripe fruit, clove, light caramel, non-cloying candy sweetness, smooth maltiness, and well-balanced hopping. Mouthfeel offers a big, round body with full, fine carbonation. The finish is dry and warming, lingering gracefully.

Three Philosophers is a Belgian style Quadrupel. A dark, malty quadrupel ale with a splash of authentic Belgian Kriek (Cherry-Lambic).

Hennepin is a Belgian Saison Ale. It is brewed like a classic Belgian-style farmhouse ale , with added spices for a flavor and aroma unlike any other.

Nice Gift

Have had the Three Philosophers :) If you like that style see if you can find Victory Brewing V12 It's a Belgium Style Quad. Had it for the first time the other night. Wow!

Nephew got me 2 Sam Adams Holiday Packs for Christmas. Drinking Old Fezziwig Ale as we speak getting ready for MNF Kickoff. Know most don't consider SA a Craft Brew any longer but this is one decent Ale imho :2thumbs:

I was able to try Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour at the Adam's Colorado Christmas Party last week. HOLY COW this beer is like Apples and Beer met, had a hawt love child, and then kegged it! I am on a maddddd manhunt out here to find some in a bottle!

I guess the only place in Colorado to get it on tap is at the West End Tavern.

front3.jpg

"That's right, our own private label brewed for us by the family-owned Van Steenberge brewery, just outside Ghent, Belgium. Medium body, red color, somewhat fruity nose, malt flavor with a slight lactic taste. Great Stuff! A real thirst quencher and palate cleanser."

photo11.jpg

logo.gif

Starting to accumulate my selection of beers for new years eve. Our traditon has become to have our best friends over, we make dinner and stay in. The kiddos knock out usually around 9-10pm and we stay up to watch the countdown.

Throughout the night we drink a sizeable amount of beer... mostly trappist and rare craft. May just save the infinium for the midnight toast.

Starting to accumulate my selection of beers for new years eve. Our traditon has become to have our best friends over, we make dinner and stay in. The kiddos knock out usually around 9-10pm and we stay up to watch the countdown.

Throughout the night we drink a sizeable amount of beer... mostly trappist and rare craft. May just save the infinium for the midnight toast.

What and break tradition from you cutting off most of the legs on your favorite pair of Levi's then cracking back on sixxer of High Life? That IS the champagne of beer! :lolsmack::lolsmack:

LMFAO!

I got a Mr. Beer brewing kit from my brother for Christmas, and I just got done placing a big order from their website for a bunch of other stuff.

I'm cooking up the first batch tomorrow!

good luck with it... i brewed my 1st beer about 3 years ago with a similar kit, made by Cooper's. since then, i've upgraded and added onto my equipment and been making all-grain beers. i'm drinking a homebrewed Raspberry Wheat right now!

the first ones are always a good learning curve. if your like me and a lot of other homebrewers, you'll get hooked and continue upgrading your equipment and will start making all-grain recipes. head over to HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community. and check that forum out!

What and break tradition from you cutting off most of the legs on your favorite pair of Levi's then cracking back on sixxer of High Life? That IS the champagne of beer! :lolsmack::lolsmack:

i'm gunna head to spec's to see if i can find any of that for midnight!

Yesterday afternoon spent catching up with Reichler over a couple/few great microbrews and good food then back to his place to meet up with his neighbor, Michael (also an avid Adam's user and beer connoisseur), for some Venison Sausage and a couple more great microbrews. The Dogfish Head 120 Minute was a first for me since it's an occasional brew for this small Brewery (15-20% Alc/Vol). I've had the 60 and 90 Mins but not the 120 before. Awesome: not as hoppy as the others, smooth sippin' type of brew. The Rumpkin? Avery Brewery makes some great brews, for me this wasn't one of them. Now this was on top of several others we'd been tasting and I probably wasn't ready for another (even though we split it three ways it was tough to get down): it was quite overpowering with its spice and alcohol. Good day for sure!