Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forum Craft & Import Brew Connoisseur Discussion

Team Adam's

Avery makes some outstanding brew. If I had a gun to my head, right now I pick Avery over New Belgium.

Just got back from the Beer Store. Picked up some Sammy "Champagne Beer" Infinium and also on the good word of Dylan,

Some Stone Self-Righteous IPA!

Woot!

Sam Adams Infinium had last night. you know its gona be good especially being teamed up with weihenstephan brewery. it was really different, like a champagne type beer. had a light feel to it with a slight fruit note. different but worth a try.

2011-12-29_23-01-08_215.jpg

Thanks for cybersharing your homebrew BRZN :thumbsup:

For you guys who tried the Infinium, what did you really think of it?

Waited too late and the local stores were out. However a buddy told me it was not very good at all in his opinion. Welcome to 2012!:cheers:

Edited by ssbusdrvr

Honestly, I thought the Infinium was not worth the money.

Tasted like barley champagne and had a really weird aftertaste.

Self Righteous Ale by Stone though....THAT was tasty!

kinda glad i didn't get me a bottle then! so its sort of a barleywine? meh, if i want aged beer, i'll get me some Lambic style, like Frambois, which is more like a wine than a beer.

i drank that Ommegang gift set i got for christmas. if you ever see any of these in the store, try it!!! wow it was better than the Chimay. my favorite was the Hennepin (Saison style beer). but if you can't already tell, i like amber and lighter colored beers more than the darker stuff. the Three Philosiphors was awesome too! best dark beer i've ever had, and you can hardly tell its 9.8% ABV.

this is what we toasted at Midnight. my wife received this bottle as a gift from her boss at her christmas party for winning Recruiter of the Year.

champagne.jpg

best free champagne i've ever had! BTW, the bottle was HUGE!

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Honestly, I thought the Infinium was not worth the money.

Gonna have to agree... for what it cost I don't think I'd get it again. Definitely a unique mouth feel and finish. Almost refreshing, like I'd want to drink it on a warm day.

Glad I tried it, but won't be buying again.

I stuck mostly to Stone Ruination IPA... and by about midnight I was RUINED... LOL... stuff snuck up on me. I remember the countdown and after that it was a blur.

Gonna have to agree... for what it cost I don't think I'd get it again. Definitely a unique mouth feel and finish. Almost refreshing, like I'd want to drink it on a warm day.

Glad I tried it, but won't be buying again.

I stuck mostly to Stone Ruination IPA... and by about midnight I was RUINED... LOL... stuff snuck up on me. I remember the countdown and after that it was a blur.

too bad there's no video or photos of this :lolsmack:

there should be a craft beer Beer Pong tournament at the next detail clinic after party :willy:

Thanks yeah guess glad to save $20 or whatever it cost in your neighborhood Sitting here enjoying lunch at the local Pub Dogfish 90 minute and going to chase it with a Stone Ruination Yum lol:cheers:

Bummer they were out so had to settle lol for an Arrogant Bastard on tap.

Edited by ssbusdrvr

Man, no love for the stouts on here lol

There is a pretty good place here in Columbia, MO, if anybody is driving on 70 through Missouri. Flat Branch Pub & Brewing - Columbia, MO . It's a small micro-brewery/ restaurant that have about 8 "regulars" on tap and about 4 seasonal/ specialty beers.

I enjoy their Oil Change Oatmeal Stout: Black as diesel oil, Oil Change is big in roasty chocolate flavors. A large amount of flaked oats gives this stout a velvety smoothness. Oil Change is nitrogen charged to give it a thick creamy head.

I had an O'fallon Cocoa Cream Stout in a bar KC last weekend that was really good too. Looks like Stone and Avery are pretty popular among the Adam's followers, I believe those are sold here in MO. I want to try Guinness Black Lager too.

Man, no love for the stouts on here lol

There is a pretty good place here in Columbia, MO, if anybody is driving on 70 through Missouri. Flat Branch Pub & Brewing - Columbia, MO . It's a small micro-brewery/ restaurant that have about 8 "regulars" on tap and about 4 seasonal/ specialty beers.

I enjoy their Oil Change Oatmeal Stout: Black as diesel oil, Oil Change is big in roasty chocolate flavors. A large amount of flaked oats gives this stout a velvety smoothness. Oil Change is nitrogen charged to give it a thick creamy head.

I had an O'fallon Cocoa Cream Stout in a bar KC last weekend that was really good too. Looks like Stone and Avery are pretty popular among the Adam's followers, I believe those are sold here in MO. I want to try Guinness Black Lager too.

i'm not a fan of Guinness, but i've tried an Oatmeal Stout before in Green River, Utah. if anyone knows of a really good one sold by the bottle, i'll try it.

only other stout i've had was Young's Double Chocolate Stout. it was pretty good, but very filling!

i just got back from the liquor store... i found craft beer heaven!

cbd33248.jpg

it took me 30 minutes to pick 3 beers out:

cef4449d.jpg

Brett, got me craving for an oatmeal stout... so i found this one that has a 99/100 rating on ratebeer.com.

"Originally a drink for lactating mothers, oatmeal stout was described as nutritional on early labels. Oats are in the same family as barley, and a small addition yields great flavor. Popular in the late 1800’s, the last oatmeal stout was brewed before the First World War until Samuel Smith reintroduced this style in 1980.

Almost opaque, with an unusually silky texture and complex, medium-dry velvet palate. Bittersweet finish."

Dylan and Mook got me craving for a new IPA... what better one than the Stone Ruination IPA!

and last, but certainly not least, Flensburger Pilsner. i got this because it was the only bottle with the cool flip top!

gunna be a long day tomorrow, installing my bedcover, washing the wife's car, and friends bday party, and trying this 3 beers!

Went to get gas and just popped in the gas station and got the Guinness Black Lager, not too bad, but I prefer original Guinness.

Should have waited as I went to the liquor section in Hy-Vee and could have built an awesome six pack for about the same price.

Nice to see some Boulevard in here, I'll have to try that and the Samuel Smiths.

i'm drinking the Ruination IPA now... all i have to say is WOW! this is one HOPPY beer! it is true to its label, it will ruin your taste buds and make everything else taste bland.

but it is still a great IPA! over 100 IBUs :eek:

i'm drinkning the Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout now... this has got to be the BEST stout i've ever had. i don't think i will ever find one better!

it is silky smooth, it has a very suttle roasty after taste. WOW! this is a great beer! and if you read my older posts, i am not the biggest fan of darker beers!

29092567.jpg