Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to waxing

chrys7

Question

I recently purchased a 2011 Dodge Challenger 392 SRT8, I want to protect my investment. I also Purchased Briliant Glaze and Americana wax.

Would it be safe to Wash then Clay then Glaze then Wax the car?

I would Clay and Wax 3 times a year.

Wash and Glaze in between waxes.

Would just like to know if this would keep my ride looking as she does now.

sweet.

I use a PC but I do about the same with my Jeep. I do it twice a year (once in the fall and once in the spring before it gets swap hot down here) with fine machine polish and Machine wax/sealant.

Actually, and I'm just throwing this out there, but I just did 3/4 of the truck yesterday before running out of time. I used the swirl and haze on some parts to get some overspray off the front bumper from when the truck was in the shop a while back, then fine machine polish and then the super wax.

This was the first time I've PC'd it in over a year but when I checked to see if I needed to clay the whole truck, the only parts that weren't smooth were the top of the front bumper and the very front of the driver fender. Everything else was like glass. Now this truck was in storage or in the garage 99% of it's time and only has 13K miles on it. It's almost 4 years old...

I guess what I'm saying is, check to see if you need to clay it before just claying it. It's not goign to hurt, but if it saves you time, you might not need it.

Thanks for all the great info guys, I would like to buy a PC but living in a Condo in Miami ATM, House next year. Once I have my house then I can stock up on PC, Adams products galor!! :):banana:

For now tho the wife will only let me keep so much stuff. But again thx for the info I get my items next week and Friday Im off from work so I am gonna wash n wax next Friday, Ill post up pics after all is ssaid and done.

Thx again!!

uh, I know how you feel with that condo thing. Yeah, don't stock up too much, especially if you don't have the room. I bought a bunch when I had my own apartment and when I moved into the condo I ended up keeping some of the stuff in my truck. :( bad idea. Black truck, in south florida, needless to say, it got hot and I'm pretty sure the gallon of waterless car wash that I still have is no good.

One great looking car Christian! You gotta love that package of HP and looks. There's nothing like making it shine to show it off too! You will love it when you can buy the PC to be able to keep it looking it's best. I know that when I clayed my G8 the day I got it I couldn't believe what the clay bar pulled off the paint.

Best of Luck with that Bad Boy!

Keep your eyes on the daily specials. You can get some great deals. They had a buy 2 get 2 free deal on the single soft towels a while back so I have an additional 12 towels in there now. haha.

And I just jumped on today's special with the glass cleaning "kit".

Thx for the Tip!

Keep your eyes on the daily specials. You can get some great deals. They had a buy 2 get 2 free deal on the single soft towels a while back so I have an additional 12 towels in there now. haha.

And I just jumped on today's special with the glass cleaning "kit".

Mon - Fri, to and from work about 20miles round trip

Currently, Friday after work I wash at a brushless car wash (Water jets) then drive it home and spray lucas slick mist, when Im done if I am not going out that weekend which usually Im not after the slick mist its parked in my outdoor spot and covered with a weathershield HP till monday morning.

thats been my routine since I got the car sept 15. After I receive my Adams produtcs this routine will change. Will still be covering if not in use on the weekends.

Great car and welcome to the forum!

I agree with Chris Toth - theres a lot of variables that will impact how often you do certain processes. Detailing is very much a process where you need to read/evaluate things and proceed based on that, not so much paint by numbers.

The plastic bag test will help you determine how often to clay.

As far as glazing and waxing that too is something that you do 'as needed' during the wash process you'll need to pay attention to how the water behaves. If it beads up and rolls away you don't need to wax. If it goes flat or sticks to the paint more a fresh coat might be needed.

You don't want to 'over wax' as you can cause a buildup which will actually have a negative effect on your shine.

SO beading during wash im ok, pooling of water needs a new coat.

that I can remember as I do notice this when i use slick mist the water beading and rolling off. Im just very cautious as I dont want to ruin my dream car. :)

Great car and welcome to the forum!

I agree with Chris Toth - theres a lot of variables that will impact how often you do certain processes. Detailing is very much a process where you need to read/evaluate things and proceed based on that, not so much paint by numbers.

The plastic bag test will help you determine how often to clay.

As far as glazing and waxing that too is something that you do 'as needed' during the wash process you'll need to pay attention to how the water behaves. If it beads up and rolls away you don't need to wax. If it goes flat or sticks to the paint more a fresh coat might be needed.

You don't want to 'over wax' as you can cause a buildup which will actually have a negative effect on your shine.

Archived