Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about working one area at a time

Turbo11

Question

So this may be a pretty stupid question, but when everyone talks about working one area at a time, I am confused as to what the order of products used is. For instance, which of these two methodologies is correct:

1.) Working in a ~ 2x2 area, use swirl and haze remover, then FMP, then seal - and then move to the next 2x2 area.

-or-

2.) Swirl and haze remove the whole car, FMP the whole car, and then seal the whole car.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

6 answers to this question

What he said^^ and I'll add... That once I have the process down, I will work 1 panel at a time using the process I established in the initial 2x2 section. Then wax/seal the whole care, again working in sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2x2 thing like Chris said, it more to attain what your process should be. From there it's up to you on your method. Personally, I like to correct and polish a panel before moving onto the next, then seal it all up @ the end.

Mook

The 2x2 thing like Chris said, it more to attain what your process should be. From there it's up to you on your method. Personally, I like to correct and polish a panel before moving onto the next, then seal it all up @ the end.

Mook

What about doing it over several days with days in between panels. Wouldnt you seal it up to prevent any water spotting from forming? Sometimes its isn't feasible to worm 8-16hrs straight on a correction.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

keep it indoors it wont matter. took me 10 days 8 hours a day to do my 370z then when i got it where i wanted it i superwaxed the whole thing followed by brilliant glaze and americana. if it was dusty i very carefully dusted it off with a calif. duster before i started buffing on consecutive days.

If you can't keep it indoors and are doing this over days or even weeks I would seal each panel(s) at the end of the day when you stop. My daily driver is done this way, I have never taken the time to do a full correction in one weekend but will do it section by section over a time period of months.

In my situation my daily driver is outside, have irrigation system that can create water spots if a breeze picks up during the night, and have trees that drop dust and pollen. There is no way I would leave the car finish unprotected, even over night, after working to correct a couple panels.

Let us know what works for you! :cheers:

Archived