Customer Service 866.965.0400

Things that drive you mad!!

bigaudiofanatic

Question

I am talking more about what people to do their cars that make you cringe.

My example:

I was at WAWA the other day getting something to eat and some gas. As I am waiting for the gas attendant to finish with a car, I notice something. He spills a small amount of gas on the car in front of me. What does he do? He takes the window squeegee and turns it over and rubs it right on the paint!!! On top of that he than squeegees it.:snap:

While the owner of the car was in it!!! He didn't say a work.

When the attendant came to me I said one thing "If you spill ANY fuel on my car let me take care of it" He gave me a puzzled look like what did I do wrong.

So what do you see people doing to their cars that drives you mad? "Or your wives"

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. When people drive under the speed limit. THAT is against the law too. I have been thinking about changing careers JUST to pull people over for this.

2. Texting while driving and smoking a cigarette at the same time. Doing one and driving is dangerous enough, but add a burner in there, and that's asking for even more distraction.

3. My wife parking under trees.

4. People not being able to differentiate Polish and Wax.

Well, living in Cali is not so bad after all;

* Cell phone usage (of any kind) while driving will cost you around $225 for first offense.

* State is actually considering passing a law (with fines) for eating while driving !!!!

* When you come to a stop sign, you better stay put for 3 seconds or you will get a heafty fine for what the law refers to as "rolling" stop.

BUT we still can pump our own gas and in most cases have to since most staions are 100% selfserve

Alright, people who put HUGE spoilers on crappy slow cars. I always joke that Im going to get a cordless sawsall and cut them in half.

People who race on public streets or try to race with me. Ricers...cars that sound like my DIRTBIKE! Put a silencer in that coffee can exhaust. I think all these mods are a little easier to understand if the car is actually putting out some serious HP.

spoilers jeez, its not even that they make me mad, they just look ridiculous on the cars people put them on. SO many international student put them on their cars when i know they dont use them for road racing or anything. Kids with them on evos that arent tracked, there is even a guy with one on his M6 that did piss me off actually. though a guy i know does have an RX-7 FD with around 425HP and it has a wing, but its used for autoX, so it makes sense for down force.

1. When people drive under the speed limit. THAT is against the law too. I have been thinking about changing careers JUST to pull people over for this.

2. Texting while driving and smoking a cigarette at the same time. Doing one and driving is dangerous enough, but add a burner in there, and that's asking for even more distraction.

3. My wife parking under trees.

4. People not being able to differentiate Polish and Wax.

I know what drives me nuts (and I bet everyone else on here as well) is when I park at the farthest, emptiest spot in the parking lot and some yahoo parks right next to me. I mean..........WHY?? I'd like to puncture his tires.

I am talking more about what people to do their cars that make you cringe.

My example:

I was at WAWA they other day getting something to eat and some gas. As I am waiting for the gas attendant to finish with a car, I notice something. He spills a small amount of gas on the car in front of me. What does he do? He takes the window squeegee and turns it over and rubs it right on the paint!!! On top of that he than squeegees it.:snap:

While the owner of the car was in it!!! He didn't say a work.

When the attendant came to me I said one thing "If you spill ANY fuel on my car let me take care of it" He gave me a puzzled look like what did I do wrong.

So what do you see people doing to their cars that drives you mad? "Or your wives"

One reason I'll never live in New Jersey (or Oregon for that matter). I always pump my own fuel.

To answer your question, I hate when people use the inside of their car as a trash can. I consider mine dirty when I track dirt on the floor mats, but that's to be expected from being used. There's just no excuse for piling up garbage.

One reason I'll never live in New Jersey (or Oregon for that matter). I always pump my own fuel.

To answer your question, I hate when people use the inside of their car as a trash can. I consider mine dirty when I track dirt on the floor mats, but that's to be expected from being used. There's just no excuse for piling up garbage.

I will never have someone else pump my gas, there was a guy on our jeep forum once had an attendant fill up his jeep not once but twice with regular gas. id flip sh*t on that person, i dont get it, id rather pump my own anyways. But anyways my peeve is when kids (yes im 21 lol), text in the car, more particularly girls that do it. I almost was killed today by a girl on the freeway that drifted into my lane and luckily i saw her, then she looked at me pissed like i did something wrong! that will always make me mad.

I will never have someone else pump my gas, there was a guy on our jeep forum once had an attendant fill up his jeep not once but twice with regular gas. id flip sh*t on that person, i dont get it, id rather pump my own anyways.

In NJ and OR you aren't allowed to pump your own gas.

In NJ and OR you aren't allowed to pump your own gas.

In NJ you are not allowed, however I stand right next to them. I had one guy got to my filler cap before I did. He let it flop right down onto the side of my car. I walked over and placed it in the holder before I answered him, than looked directly at him and said fill it. So when I got home I cut the wire the cap as tethered to.

Another thing that drives me nuts. People that lock or unlock their doors like 10 times!!!!! Yes we all heard the horn honk we know you locked them MOVE ON!!!!

That really only had a cool factor like 15 years ago! haha, what car doesn't do that nowadays!

Its like calling a tv a plasma or a flat screen. Guess what, all TV's are flat now, its the standard! The time to be cool for that expired 5 years ago! haha

I know what drives me nuts (and I bet everyone else on here as well) is when I park at the farthest, emptiest spot in the parking lot and some yahoo parks right next to me. I mean..........WHY?? I'd like to puncture his tires.

I really hate this crap too lol. But once in a blue moon when I see a lambo or something exotic parked I tend to park a couple of spots next to it :)

But anyways my peeve is when kids (yes im 21 lol), text in the car, more particularly girls that do it. I almost was killed today by a girl on the freeway that drifted into my lane and luckily i saw her, then she looked at me pissed like i did something wrong! that will always make me mad.

Have had many experiences with this. I actually had one girl and her boyfriend follow me to Lowes one day just to cuss me out. I mean the least the guy could have done was (sorry for the language) but have the courage to do more than just talk crap from the comfort of their SUV. I feel you 100%.

i always honk at people i see in traffic texting. they look up like they did something wrong and look around to see who honked. its fun but it gets their attention back on the road.

being back in the city, i can't tell you the number of times each day i have to honk at the car in front of me not paying attention when the traffic lights turn green.

that, and when you turn left at an intersection and the car in the right lane going the opposite direction turns right to cut in front of you as your travelling through the intersection! i always honk and flash my lights at them when they do that too!

My wifes probably sick of hearing me drone on and on and on about this, but I wish the US would adopt Germanys much more stringent driving regulations. Theres a reason they can have an autobahn with no speed limit and fewer accidents than we do on highways limited to 65-75mph:

Germany was the third largest producer of automobiles in the world exceeded only by Japan and the United States. Germans take their driving very seriously (like everything they do). This is understandable when you realize that a German driver’s license costs over $2500, after a minimum of 25-45 hours of professional instruction plus 12 hours of theory, and once you pass you're licensed for life!

Training is done in cars marked “Fahrschule” (driving school) The practical, on-the-road training time has to include night driving, autobahn experience, in-town driving, and a multitude of other driving situations.
The test for a German driver’s license includes questions about the mechanical aspects of an automobile, in addition to the usual examination on the rules of the road...
(this is genius b/c I maintain - if you understand HOW a car works you're destined to be a better driver!)

German traffic law has a few variations from North American laws, most are the same but American drivers may not always be aware of the laws, or simply just refuse to obey them.
For instance, it is illegal to pass on the right on the Autobahn. Slow moving vehicles must always move to the right, and faster vehicles may pass on the left only.
fines for moving too slowly in the left lane exceed those for speeding in restricted zones and causing an accident as the result of improper speed (slow or fast) is punishable by fine in addition to lengthy (often years) of the license and requirement to be recertified ($1500-$2000) at the cost of the at fault driver.

I believe if it took much more to be licensed (financially and training wise) and the penalties for stupid behavior were much higher our roads would be much more efficient and safer to drive on. I bet most people don't even know that slow traffic is supposed to move right.

Heir von Kleist signing off :D

I've driven on the autobahn, occasionally at speed in excess of 100mph, and felt far saver there then on any American highway. Drivers in Germany (and France, in my experience) know how to drive... they're aware of their surroundings, aware of other cars, and follow the rules of the road.

:iagree: With all of the above. Living in Illinois we have been able to pump our own fuel Gasoline and diesel for many years. I have always pumped my own fuel and let the attendant watch, we are now 99% self service.

But the little old Lady's that want help fueling ( like my mom) can and do get :help:.

EVERY where I go people are going under the speed limit..comming home from work the other day in a 25mph zone I was stuck going 15!

and I hate it when a Semi pulls out in front of me thinking he can get up to speed then just slows me down and is annoying to follow

EVERY where I go people are going under the speed limit..comming home from work the other day in a 25mph zone I was stuck going 15!

and I hate it when a Semi pulls out in front of me thinking he can get up to speed then just slows me down and is annoying to follow

Then they give YOU the bird because you pass them going the speed limit, right? If it were only legal to carry a flare gun....:lolsmack:

Idiots who drive slow.The road I take to get to school is a 45mph 2 lane road for almost the whole length. The side I enter on starts at 25, then goes to 35, then to 45. Almost every day some stupid soccer mom in a minivan running around at 6:30 in the morning for some ungodly reason without her lights on (although it's dark) gets in front of me in the 25 zone, then stays going 25 through the whole road! I honk, flash my lights, flick them off, try and pass (no good spot to pass on the whole road) but in the end I just get stuck going almost 20mph under the speed limit. Almost. Every. Day.

Archived