Customer Service 866.965.0400

Things that drive you mad!!

bigaudiofanatic

Question

I am talking more about what people to do their cars that make you cringe.

My example:

I was at WAWA the other day getting something to eat and some gas. As I am waiting for the gas attendant to finish with a car, I notice something. He spills a small amount of gas on the car in front of me. What does he do? He takes the window squeegee and turns it over and rubs it right on the paint!!! On top of that he than squeegees it.:snap:

While the owner of the car was in it!!! He didn't say a work.

When the attendant came to me I said one thing "If you spill ANY fuel on my car let me take care of it" He gave me a puzzled look like what did I do wrong.

So what do you see people doing to their cars that drives you mad? "Or your wives"

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck, I'd be happy if people could manage the basics... use their turn signals, put on their lights when it's raining, and not need to run every light.

I'm really beginning to think that turn signals must be optional equipment on BMWs and Lexus' around here, because I never see them used on those cars.

Heck, I'd be happy if people could manage the basics... use their turn signals, put on their lights when it's raining, and not need to run every light.

I'm really beginning to think that turn signals must be optional equipment on BMWs and Lexus' around here, because I never see them used on those cars.

Oh yeah. Must be signs of the times...

I have to admit that I am trying to get back into the habit of using turn signals to change lanes on the highway. :o When I lived in the Chicago area for many years I learned to NOT use the turn signals because if you used the turn signal to change lanes you would usually get cut off, pretty rude driving. So in order to be able to change lanes you don't use signals, or if you do want to use them, you use them when you are halfway through the lane change... as if to thumb your nose at them and rub it in that you moved in front of someone. Much more aggressive driving style there. Been trying now for a few years to deprogram myself... :confused:

yes Dylan Thank you, thought I was the only one who hates that lol. My wife always asks why I get so mad. There are a lot of things on the road that make me mad, but it'd take a book to finish

My wifes probably sick of hearing me drone on and on and on about this, but I wish the US would adopt Germanys much more stringent driving regulations. Theres a reason they can have an autobahn with no speed limit and fewer accidents than we do on highways limited to 65-75mph:

Germany was the third largest producer of automobiles in the world exceeded only by Japan and the United States. Germans take their driving very seriously (like everything they do). This is understandable when you realize that a German driver’s license costs over $2500, after a minimum of 25-45 hours of professional instruction plus 12 hours of theory, and once you pass you're licensed for life!

Training is done in cars marked “Fahrschule” (driving school) The practical, on-the-road training time has to include night driving, autobahn experience, in-town driving, and a multitude of other driving situations.
The test for a German driver’s license includes questions about the mechanical aspects of an automobile, in addition to the usual examination on the rules of the road...
(this is genius b/c I maintain - if you understand HOW a car works you're destined to be a better driver!)

German traffic law has a few variations from North American laws, most are the same but American drivers may not always be aware of the laws, or simply just refuse to obey them.
For instance, it is illegal to pass on the right on the Autobahn. Slow moving vehicles must always move to the right, and faster vehicles may pass on the left only.
fines for moving too slowly in the left lane exceed those for speeding in restricted zones and causing an accident as the result of improper speed (slow or fast) is punishable by fine in addition to lengthy (often years) of the license and requirement to be recertified ($1500-$2000) at the cost of the at fault driver.

I believe if it took much more to be licensed (financially and training wise) and the penalties for stupid behavior were much higher our roads would be much more efficient and safer to drive on. I bet most people don't even know that slow traffic is supposed to move right.

Heir von Kleist signing off :D

Archived