Customer Service 866.965.0400

2007 Honda CRV

THE Mook

Hey Everyone!

JD_SS and I were back at it again this morning, this time on a Honda CRV. The vehicle showed up in pretty good shape already as far as swirls go. However, the interior, engine bay, and exhaust needed a fair amount of attention.

We started by addressing the interior with Leather and Interior Cleaner, the proper towels, Leather Conditioner, and Glass Cleaner. We then moved outside to the wheels, tires, and wheel wells with APC, the Turbostick, the Boar's Hair Brush, and the Fender Brush. After that, we opened the hood back up to find ourselves in the middle of an Engine Desert. JD tackled this with the Boar's Hair Brush, APC, the Trim and Lug Brush, and plenty of Edgeless Towels. We then dressed the thing with a mixture of 70/30 Water/SVRT in a spray bottle...Engine Milk lol. From there we hit the CRV with a Foam Gunned, Two Bucket Wash, with 3 oz. of APC in the Gun along with Car Shampoo, to make sure any remaining wax was removed. After that, we dried with the Great White Drying Towel and the Sidekick. Dressed ALL vinyl, rubber, tires with SVRT and/or In n Out spray.

After a cup of coffee, Claybar with Detail Spray lubricant on all paint and glass. I decided at this time, it was a good opportunity to see about making this exhaust tip shine! Just because it's on something that doesn't go fast doesn't mean it should be gross, right? :willy:

JD and I determined that in some spots we did need SHR, but mainly it was FMP on the Flex over the whole vehicle. JD began to BG the glass and Chrome Trim pieces while I prepared to apply MSS on a New, Black, Test Pad on the FLEX. This pad is the same design as the ones I was using last week in the GCSRT8 detail JD and I accomplished. I was worried that applying MSS on the Flex was going to leave tiger striping or even cheetah spotting. I threw on my safari hat and went to work.

Careful not to press too hard or not hard enough on the machine, I went a little closer on the pattern, and I think it turned out excellent! I love the idea of having one pad for both machines, but better yet, not having to go grab the PC in cases like this, when I can just grab the according pad and do work!

THANK YOU TO JD_SS for partnering up here and really making Sir Mix-a-Lot want THIS Honda!

Products Used:

Car Shampoo

Firehose Nozzle with Shut Off Valve

APC

Turbostick

Boar's Hair Brush

Fender Brush

11x11 and 9x9 Wash Pad

Buckets with Grit Guards

DS

WW

Glass Cleaner

Great White Towel

Single and Double Soft Towels

Glass Towel

Edgeless Utility Towels

SVRT

In and Out Spray

Invisible Undercarriage Spray

Claybar

Flex

SHR

Orange Pad

FMP

White Pad

MSS

Black Prototype Pad

BG

Buttery Hex Applicator

Metal Polish #1 and #2

Revive Hex Applicator

Blue MF Applicator

.0000 Steel Wool

Leather and Interior Cleaner

Leather Conditioner

UFO Applicator

4" White Pad on a drill

Is that all?

Before of the Outside:

SAM_1405.jpg

SAM_1404.jpg

SAM_1403.jpg

SAM_1402.jpg

SAM_1398.jpg

Before of the Engine:

SAM_1401.jpg

SAM_1399.jpg

Before of the Exhaust Tip:

SAM_1409.jpg

Some Action Shots:

photo17.jpg

photo19.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo24.jpg

SAM_1407.jpg

SAM_1410.jpg

SAM_1411.jpg

photo26.jpg

SAM_1412.jpg

SAM_1413.jpg

photo16.jpg

Interior Results: (Lighting was poor on the before pictures)

SAM_1416.jpg

SAM_1417.jpg

SAM_1418.jpg

Engine Results: (This picture doesn't do it ANY justice. Customer told us it looked better than brand new!)

photo22.jpg

Paint Results and Whatnot:

SAM_1414.jpg

SAM_1415.jpg

SAM_1424.jpg

SAM_1426.jpg

SAM_1421.jpg

SAM_1427.jpg

SAM_1429.jpg

SAM_1422.jpg

SAM_1419.jpg

SAM_1425.jpg

SAM_1420.jpg

SAM_1428.jpg

Thank you for reading our novella and picture story!

Mook

Edited by Mook@Adams

Great job today Chris. That engine bay looked spectacular when we finished. Looks like the pics I sent were too small... Sorry!

This was my favorite detail so far by the way. Today flew by and it felt effortless. Truly a pleasure! Thanks for the writeup. :cheers:

Chris, looks good. thanks for that write up on the prototype pad. I am looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Keep up the write ups. I think it helps the newer members and even the veteran forum members, we all learn a thing or two from your efforts.