Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often to wash a "detail spray" only towel???

cfiiman

Question

Hey all,

I searched and searched and could not find the answer to this so thought I'd post. I know there is debates on when to wash MF towels, some say after every use, others when dirty, etc. But my question is for detail spray towels. I have 2 drying towels that I use and always mist the water spots with detail spray prior to drying the car. I also have a very plush MF towel that is detail spray only between washings. My question is should these be washed frequently? I can't imagine that everytime I use detail spray I would need to wash the towel but maybe I do i'm not sure. I basically go a long time with these DS only towels before washing them, but what prompted me to ask was that all these towels smell like DS so I didn't know if it would possibly start drying or what, any advice would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

one last question, do you wash/presoak all towels together, i.e. drying towels with buffing towels etc. or keep towels more seperated like ones that used detail spray, and ones that used wax, and ones that did polish, ones that did Brilliant glaze, etc.? How do you break down what can be washed with what, just seems like a lot of washing in the washer if I do it seperate

i wash color matching, dont know if you have the blue polish towels but I wont wash those with the white ones. Also dont recommend washing the utility towels with the white ones as you will get a great navy towel as an end result. But washing all white ones ought to be ok.

Just like any type of laundry you want to separate lights and darks, I suggest taking that a step further and separate heavily soiled towels from the mix as well. Anything with bad staining can be presoaked with APC in a bucket to help loosen the grime.

I also personally like to wash my GWDT and plush towels together. My waterless and glass towels together, and my utility towels together... that way you avoid all forms of cross contamination.

You'll also find a lot of this info in my write up in the microfiber products section of the forum:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/microfiber-products/14121.htm

one last question, do you wash/presoak all towels together, i.e. drying towels with buffing towels etc. or keep towels more seperated like ones that used detail spray, and ones that used wax, and ones that did polish, ones that did Brilliant glaze, etc.? How do you break down what can be washed with what, just seems like a lot of washing in the washer if I do it seperate

I break them out:

• Drying towels
  • polish / wax removal towels
  • 'good' work towels
  • work towels

but I have lots of towels, so I only have to wash every few months.

Archived