Customer Service 866.965.0400

Super VRT vs VRT

Sardian

Question

3 answers to this question

The original VRT was very similar to the current SUPER VRT, the only difference being the water resistance. The current version has a water proof polymer added to the formula to allow it to last longer despite washing and/or rain. The original version was gone at the first sign of moisture.

Heres some more information on the 2 products and their differences:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kdi6XoaungM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some advice... any original VRT you find will have been sitting for almost 18months at best... at worse it could be YEARS OLD. Detailing products, like anything else have a shelf life, especially if they sit undisturbed. Theres a good chance any original VRT that you find now a days would possibly be towards the end of its life or already past meaning you'd end up with useless bottles of product.

That's the info I was looking for. If it was a current product I was going to jump on it but my suspicions were correct in that there is a difference between svrt and vrt so this stuff on sale is old.

I tend to "overstock" my shelves with product and have good luck and very bad luck when it comes to shelf life with different products. But, I will say that I have had Adam's Detail Spray shelved for 4 years and still be just as good as fresh (to my eye). But in general I'm trying to not practice this sort of thing any longer and only buy what I can use in a year or two at the most.

I'll have to add some SVRT to my next order and try it out.

Thanks

I know different storage techniques, temperature, humidity, age of a product etc. all affect storage life and I'm really uncertain as to what the actual storage life is on all of the various Adams products I own. Just a thought, but would a "born on date" on the label somewhere perhaps help to determine when a product is useless beyond its life?

I personally store all of my Adams products inside my house, inside of a shelved closet in an effort to increase life span, however, I still don't know how to tell when any of my Adams product's life span or usefullness has been achieved.