Customer Service 866.965.0400

new car advice

whatevah

Question

I know, I know... "another new car thread". :)

I'm picking up a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on Wednesday and want to start off its life correctly. I've got a pretty good inventory of Adam's product in my garage now, variety of MF towels, glass cleaner/sealant, PC polishes, clay, MSS, BW, BG, SVRT, APC, interior cleaner, leather cleaner/conditioner. And, of course, car wash shampoo and detail spray. :) And probably a thing or two that I forgot.

The Jeep has a black textured finish hard top (not painted), plastic-ish non-painted black fenders and bumpers. Was going to use SVRT on the bumpers/fenders but no idea about the hard top. Maybe just leave it alone, especially since I can't get the top. Seats are cloth with leather trim. So, leather conditioner on the leather portions and the rest of the interior (the usual plastic/rubber/leather mix).

For the paint, baggie test, then clay if needed, then FMP if clayed. Then, MSS and what? BG or straight to BW?

As always, input and advice is appreciated. :bow:

5 answers to this question

Advice, yeah, put some Poison Spider bumpers and fenders on that thing and forget about the SVRT. :D

Good luck with it man, I'm dying to replace my Civic with one of those.

lol hey, I've got Rubicon payments, I can't afford anything. I don't even know if I can afford grab handles! lol I'm actually leaning more towards the XHD winch bumper from Rugged Ridge. just the base bumper, no addons. Rugged Ridge Modular Heavy Duty Bumpers - Quadratec But that'll wait until the spring. :)

While I'd love a Rubby, I'm probably just going to go for a 4 door X. Hopefully next spring/summer time frame. And I've got some money saved specifically for mods (well it's really saved for "toys" which in this case would be Jeep mods) so I can get a modest lift, some 35's and the Poison spider bumbers. Oh and a nice set of sliders.

Then I can take that bad boy out and drive to work. hahaha. Living in Florida does have it's disadvantages. We really have no fun places to off road here.

The Jeep has a black textured finish hard top (not painted), plastic-ish non-painted black fenders and bumpers. Was going to use SVRT on the bumpers/fenders but no idea about the hard top. Maybe just leave it alone, especially since I can't get the top.

You need the (yet to be released) Quick Sealant! It goes on like I&O, but protects like MSS (well not quite as long).

For the paint, baggie test, then clay if needed, then FMP if clayed. Then, MSS and what? BG or straight to BW?

It probably will need to be clayed. For the best look, BG then BW.

I had a 4 door sahara jk awhile back and the top to me seemed like a really, really week version of a bed liner, kinda more in the paint family though, cause they do scratch. I bet the new spray sealant would be best. But I wonder if a wax would work also.

Archived