Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather & Interior Cleaner question - americana

11Camaro

Question

hello,

finally ordered a bottle of the leather and interior for the camaro. i had just been using the armor-all cleaning wipes. they seem to work okay, just left lint on the dash after they dried.

so the question would be, is there any material in the camaro that should not come on contact with this cleaner? The only leather in the car is the steering wheel and shifter boot. everything else is plastic.

I also ordered some Americana wax. I'm pretty excited to get that on the paint. I need to get some swirls out first though. I let my sister borrow my car, so she thanks me by filling the tank and running it through an automatic carwash. I can't be mad, she had no idea that is like burning bibles.

So anyway, if someone could let me know about the leather and interior question please, thanks guys/gals.

:burnout:

11 answers to this question

both the Leather & Interior Cleaner and Conditioner work great on leather, vinyl, and plastic in the interior of a car. i find it works best to spray the cleaner on a microfiber, then wipe down everything. i also like to clean the interior glass before cleaning the door panels and dash because i sometimes get a lil overspray of the glass cleaner on those panels. and if i accidentally get a smudge on the glass after treating the panels with Leather and Interior Conditioner, just a quick wipedown with the glass towel removes it easy.

P.S. the Adam's Leather Conditioner makes the dash in the Camaros look amazing :thumbsup:

ohh, and about those swirls. if your not ready to invest in a machine polisher. the SHR & Revive Polish applied by hand, then a coat of BG, topped off with APW reduces their appearance significantly. this is the process i took before investing in my PC

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Thanks for the info about the leather and interior Texas! I bought a PC a little while ago, but haven't used it yet on my car.. If you recall the post where I PC'd my sisters Honda CRV with some VRT instead of FMP! It was right after I got the PC and wanted some guinea pig cars to test on. Good fun!

So this will be the first PC on the black camaro. :pc:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Remember the guy who burned his black camaro. Watch those curves. There are MANY. Keep the detail spray on hand and don't load the pads up with product. If your pads aren't clean after each pass, go clean out the pad and start back on your car. Do NOT keep hitting a clumpy pad with DS thinking you'll work it clean. Follow either JUNKMANs technique OR Adam/Dylan's. Do NOT try to mix both.

I use Adam's Leather Cleaner, Conditioner and Carpet Cleaner in my 2011 Camaro weekly. IT is the ONLY way to keep this new car NEW.

Post pics please. We love to see results.:2thumbs:

Thanks for the info about the leather and interior Texas! I bought a PC a little while ago, but haven't used it yet on my car.. If you recall the post where I PC'd my sisters Honda CRV with some VRT instead of FMP! It was right after I got the PC and wanted some guinea pig cars to test on. Good fun!

So this will be the first PC on the black camaro. :pc:

I would cut the L&IC down to 50% or even 25%. Rarely do vehicles need that product at full strength. Test a small area, and when your done, don't forget to wipe the residue of with a damp MF.