Customer Service 866.965.0400

How can i fix this?

SEP

Question

I recently did the 3 steps correction on my car: SHR, FMP, MSW. First time i washed it after that i could see those white spots on the bumper and fenders. These don't wash off even after several washes. Any idea to remove these... other then repaint of course? :help:

Photo319.jpg

Photo320.jpg

Photo321.jpgPhoto321.jpg

Photo322.jpg

13 answers to this question

It wasn't as obvious before. It's like the MSW dried in. Before the chips marks were like mat black but now it's white and shows off more. Isn't there something i can use to remove the MSW from those pin holes?

Paint will be the way to go!

Paint is the ONLY way to go. Nothing fixes missing paint but more paint. You're staring at a bumper with thousands of paint chips. All the buffing in Indonesia ain't gonna make that paint magically reappear. The bumper has to be totally stripped down and repainted.

Paint is the ONLY way to go. Nothing fixes missing paint but more paint. You're staring at a bumper with thousands of paint chips. All the buffing in Indonesia ain't gonna make that paint magically reappear. The bumper has to be totally stripped down and repainted.

I don't expect it to look like new. It's just that before i did the polishing the chips marks were let say grey to mat black which is the color of the bumper material. MSW filled those chips leaving it with white marks which are much more evident then before.

I don't expect it to look like new. It's just that before i did the polishing the chips marks were let say grey to mat black which is the color of the bumper material. MSW filled those chips leaving it with white marks which are much more evident then before.

You can do a IPA wipe down to clean all the wax buildup out of the chips but you'll be removing the wax too. It sounds like you applied way too much MSS as I have a few chips and that never happens to me.

You can do a IPA wipe down to clean all the wax buildup out of the chips but you'll be removing the wax too. It sounds like you applied way too much MSS as I have a few chips and that never happens to me.

Yeah, I would say try the IPA also. I can't believe MSS is that hard to remove. Strip it all down, and then just use Buttery or Americana instead of the MSS.

My wife's Dodge van is like that also, and has little chips all over it. To tell you the truth, I find a new chip or two pretty much every two bucket. I don't understand. My Accord has 97,000 miles and has 1 chip on the hood, and 1 or 2 very small nicks on the bumper.

Archived