Customer Service 866.965.0400

07 NNBS Silverado Speaker Help

ExpressThis13

My 07 Silverado has the common problem of front speakers cutting out. So I am looking to replace them but I am not sure what will fit. According to crutchfield I can fit anywhere from a 5.25 to a 6.75 just hoping for some confirmation here so I can go shopping for some new speakers. Looking at either Alpine or Boston Acoustics. My brother has boston acoustics in his Trans Am and they sound great he offered them to me but I am not sure they would fit. Please help a guy out.

Another option Eric, is to remove the door panel and take a look. You can MAKE anything fit.

While you're in there, grab some sound deadening material and have at it. I did my G8 with it. It's amazing the difference it makes.

When can I change your forum name?

Chris

I have thought about sound deadining already and i know i could take off my door panels and look but surely someone knows without me goin through the hassle. I do have a factory head unit.

Chris you can change my name at anytime but im not sure what i wanna change it to yet if u have any suggestions please inform me.

For sound deadining do you just do around the speakers or do the whole door?

I'm thinking Nasherado07...

On my F150, I just did around the speakers. On my G8, I did the WHOLE door. The outside skin and the part the panel fits to. It's amazing to hear when I spray water on them now compared to parts of the car I physically couldn't put it on.

before i got my aftermarket nav unit, i emailed crutchfield to ask them what the best speakers would be. i wasn't interested in getting subs for that low freq. range, so i was looking for the best all around speakers to just replace the stock ones.

they suggested the Pioneer TS-A1684R. These speakers are very efficient, so that they can be used with the factory radio, and they have one of the widest frequency ranges they carry, covering from 33-27,000 Hz. Finding that extra bass response, while retaining the clarity on the higher frequencies, should be no problem with these speakers.

6-1/2" or 6-3/4" speakers fit. if you order from crutchfield, it includes a bracket to fit them in the front doors. on crew cabs, the rear doors use the same brackets as the front, but for extended cabs no one makes a bracket, so one would have to be custom made.

they also suggested speaker baffles to help seal the speakers and prevent door vibrations.

but since i installed a aftermarket headunit, the sound out of the factory speakers was much improved. if i can't find anything else, i might add these speakers to my christmas list.

I just put Apline Type R speakers in my 2010 Silverado truck, fit like OEM. Then again, I had a stereo shop do it, but they are nice speakers, still eneough power to drive them without an amp, although you can tell an amp would help. I like them, nice and clear sound.

Bruce

Archived