Customer Service 866.965.0400

We Are Wall Street

Z71_Denali

I see this forum is a lot of government supporters... I'll sit this out

Wow... i just read all of that. How can someone be so arrogant and expect to be treated with respect? Burn them all in hell.

haha im not favored either way cause nothing will ever get done, the earth turns and things change, those who best adapt make it well out, those who dont, dont. Economic survival of the fittest. Just that picture i found is exactly how this occupy stuff is going down, if you really want to fight them they need to not use anything to do with corporations. to me it just feels a bit ironic and hippy-ish.

I will say all this occupy that or we are the is a bunch of crap. If all of these people who were so concerned with saying their problems are so much worse than anyone Else would do something besides sit on their a**'s we there would be a chance to solve these problems. One of the. biggest problems I see is everyone wants something for nothing.

What happened to hard work and making your own fortune or success? Is the American dream still not to work hard? I still see it that way. I am a current college student getting my masters in accounting. I take four classes which accounts to more than a full time job, and work 40 hours a week. Why? Because I do not expect anyone to hand anything to me. I expect to continue to work hard, pass the CPA exam, find a job whether good or not and work my *** off in order to succeed. Once I do establish myself and succeed I should not be expected to pay for people who do not want to help themselves. I will have gotten where I am through hard work.

Granted I have been fortunate growing up with a father who gave our family everything we need and then some. He also works over 100 hours a week and has since I was a little kid. I have witnessed the prime example of the American dream and have learned that hard work and perseverance will have its rewards. There have been countless holidays, birthdays, sports events, and so forth that he missed. Right now he is on a three week trip through Asia and Europe. I have seen that you can succeed and the work needed to do so.

It pains me to see people who are not working or are content living on welfare demanding more. I cannot believe people who do not pay taxes or have a total tax rate of 10% believe the "rich" should pay more, even though the "rich" already pay a much higher tax rate. Granted I know there are people who come on hard times and need a hand. However a helping hand should be just that a boost in the right direction. It should not be a way to live forever on the back of someone else.

Everyone needs to stop saying my problems are the worst. Everyone no matter what your race, social status, gender, etc has problems. If you have a problem WORK TO FIX IT. Do not demand, protest or complain that someone else should solve your problems for you. Sitting around and complaining will do nothing.

Sorry for the rant guys.

I will say all this occupy that or we are the is a bunch of crap. If all of these people who were so concerned with saying their problems are so much worse than anyone Else would do something besides sit on their a**'s we there would be a chance to solve these problems. One of the. biggest problems I see is everyone wants something for nothing.

What happened to hard work and making your own fortune or success? Is the American dream still not to work hard? I still see it that way. I am a current college student getting my masters in accounting. I take four classes which accounts to more than a full time job, and work 40 hours a week. Why? Because I do not expect anyone to hand anything to me. I expect to continue to work hard, pass the CPA exam, find a job whether good or not and work my *** off in order to succeed. Once I do establish myself and succeed I should not be expected to pay for people who do not want to help themselves. I will have gotten where I am through hard work.

Granted I have been fortunate growing up with a father who gave our family everything we need and then some. He also works over 100 hours a week and has since I was a little kid. I have witnessed the prime example of the American dream and have learned that hard work and perseverance will have its rewards. There have been countless holidays, birthdays, sports events, and so forth that he missed. Right now he is on a three week trip through Asia and Europe. I have seen that you can succeed and the work needed to do so.

It pains me to see people who are not working or are content living on welfare demanding more. I cannot believe people who do not pay taxes or have a total tax rate of 10% believe the "rich" should pay more, even though the "rich" already pay a much higher tax rate. Granted I know there are people who come on hard times and need a hand. However a helping hand should be just that a boost in the right direction. It should not be a way to live forever on the back of someone else.

Everyone needs to stop saying my problems are the worst. Everyone no matter what your race, social status, gender, etc has problems. If you have a problem WORK TO FIX IT. Do not demand, protest or complain that someone else should solve your problems for you. Sitting around and complaining will do nothing.

Sorry for the rant guys.

I agree, i literally am in the same boat as you. I am working now along with keeping a 3.5 at MSU (good for me lol), and dont think anything should be given to me. I was lucky like you to have two parents that worked hard too and went though anything to get my sister and I whatever we needed. I feel like some of my generation (current college students) feel as we are entitled to jobs when we get a degree directly out of college. I don't understand how they can think like that, especially because of the economic times, i feel as you have to fight for everything, just as I was raised. One other thing loosing my dad my senior year of high school has taught me that tomorrows not granted either, you have to work for how and enjoy every minute you have. One problem I have with the increased taxes for the "rich" is my mother is a dentist and went through much more schooling to receive the pay she has, not only that but started her own practice. Now she has to pay more in taxes because she worked harder to make more money? Idk i think it might be my conservative attitude and naive young self but I feel you are punishing people for succeeding.

I agree with white above though, I have noticed a fair amount of kids I know that just dont have the drive to succeed and do better and I just don't understand why. On a positive note my close friends that I will be friends with my entire life have an average grade point of about 3.8 :D haha. Im bringing down the group haha. The American dream and hard work is still alive, just is quieter nowadays unfortunately. :patriot:

+ 10000

I'm only in high school, but I agree with you about the hard work thing. At the beginning of my freshmen year my class had 800+ students, now less than 570. Everyone in my school either works really, really, hard, or does nothing at all, since they believe high school isn't important and that everything will work out in the end w/o any hard work. I personally sleep between 5-6 hrs a day because of all the work I usually have to do, mainly so when I get to college I'll end up saving a few extra thousand. But seriously the only people I usually hear complain (in my school), are people who don't put any effort into anything.

I see this forum is a lot of government supporters... I'll sit this out

Wow... i just read all of that. How can someone be so arrogant and expect to be treated with respect? Burn them all in hell.

i hope you were being ironic.... because most of us disagree with the Obama administration. most of us are in favor of lower taxes, less government, capitalism, and patriotism :patriot:

the OWS people are just a bunch of rebellious young people that can't get a job, because they majored in underwater basket weaving in college, so they're angry at the companies who refuse to hire them because they have a joke of a degree. ohh, and they all wear a tin foil hat thinking everything is a conspiracy :loser:

i hope you were being ironic.... because most of us disagree with the Obama administration. most of us are in favor of lower taxes, less government, capitalism, and patriotism :patriot:

the OWS people are just a bunch of rebellious young people that can't get a job, because they majored in underwater basket weaving in college, so they're angry at the companies who refuse to hire them because they have a joke of a degree. ohh, and they all wear a tin foil hat thinking everything is a conspiracy :loser:

To be fair, I think most of us disagree with the entire political establishment at this point -- Republicans and Democrats. We're largely tired of the bickering, the wasteful spending, the coddling of special interests -- in essence, the rotting from within. I know 99.9% people on this forum want to see a stronger US, but we just can't agree on how to get there.

To be fair, I think most of us disagree with the entire political establishment at this point -- Republicans and Democrats. We're largely tired of the bickering, the wasteful spending, the coddling of special interests -- in essence, the rotting from within. I know 99.9% people on this forum want to see a stronger US, but we just can't agree on how to get there.

very true...

Adam Pitale for President!!!

So... I should change my major?

So... I should change my major?

if thats your major, then i feel sorry for the person paying your tuition :lolsmack:

but seriously, school is an investment. i dont get it when people "go back to school" to get a degree, just to make the same amount they were making without that degree, or better yet can't get a job using that degree because a million other people are trying to get the same job you are, when there's only so many positions available.

i have a petroleum engineering degree, and that is exactly what my job title is. a good friend of mine got an Agriculture Business degree, and he's a roughneck on a frac crew, working with people without degrees, making the same wage they are.

if thats your major, then i feel sorry for the person paying your tuition :lolsmack:

but seriously, school is an investment. i dont get it when people "go back to school" to get a degree, just to make the same amount they were making without that degree, or better yet can't get a job using that degree because a million other people are trying to get the same job you are, when there's only so many positions available.

i have a petroleum engineering degree, and that is exactly what my job title is. a good friend of mine got an Agriculture Business degree, and he's a roughneck on a frac crew, working with people without degrees, making the same wage they are.

Lol naw my major is healthcare administration. I have a comfy entry-level desk job working my way through college and I have two other "ins" when I get my degree: 1 with the government and 1 with a local healthcare system, and I can always stay with my current company and try to climb the ranks here since I will have 2? years in by the time I get the degree.

Quite fine where I'm at... I'm doing one of the best out of my class that went to college. I only know this because I went to a cathlic school and my graduating class had under 200 people in it... almost all of which I am a friend with on facebook.

Also... I am paying every dime of my tuition... except the $1500 a year my employer pays, and the hopeful scholarships I will have when I can apply for them in January.

I know there are some people out there that are legitimately down and out due to situations completely beyond their control. I get that. But, if they have time to "occupy", then they have time to be pounding the streets looking for a job. I might be able to sympathize with someone who spends their free time looking for a job..but certainly not for those who decide they need to protest by camping out and "occupying".

Archived