Customer Service 866.965.0400

Atlanta Clinic Dec 3rd with the Junkman!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh cool. I just now looked up the address and realized you are basically in Norcross, within lunch hour driving distance from my work. Sweet.

I saw the Atlanta address and assumed way intown somewhere.

"2905 Amwiler Rd. Suite A

Atlanta GA 30360

www.atlantaautosalon.com

We are located in the Atlanta Sports and Imports, Quality Used Cars building. "

That was a great event! It was good to see so many new faces and cars. Thank you everyone. I am sure everyone who attended noticed the Toys 4 Tots box was over flowing at the end of the clinic. You are all very generous. Those toys are very nice and there's going to be a lot of excited kids come Christmas!

John, that last picture makes me think that you and Dan Lawson have been talking... :o

... P.S. I've known that S4 for many years as it used to belong to another aquantaince. I couldn't believe how trashed it was. Made me cringe.

Well as you saw from the spot I fixed, there's still some pretty paint under all that damage. :thumbsup:

Okay, I finally got back home from Atlanta. The drive was relatively uneventful although the rain moved in by the time I got home. I want to thank the Audi guys and girls for showing up in force. The Camaro guys & gals made their usual appearance as they always do. A special shout out to John who convinced his lovely wife that watching my videos was actually fun! I don't know how he did that! But what can I say? The family that details together, won't be doing a 1-bucket wash! lol!

Thanks to all for coming out and bringing all those toys! That was an impressive box full of goodies! Picture should come soon. :thumbsup:

Here's some of the fun we had. This was the Audi that AudiOx was speaking of. As you can see, it has some battle scars:

atlclinic12311-1.jpg

Here's the offensive scratch that was the subject of our wet sanding demonstration:

atlclinic12311-2.jpg

Here's the same scratch with some light put on the door. Look at those swirls! :willy:

atlclinic12311-7.jpg

Here I am in the process of removing the scratch:

atlclinic12311-4.jpg

atlclinic12311-5.jpg

And now, the repaired area. Colors are showing up in this paint that the owner was not aware of! Go back and look at the other picture of this area with the flash going off. The swirls are so bad, that you can't even see the flip-flop of the paint colors. Wow! :willy:

atlclinic12311-6.jpg

So yes, that paint can be fixed and what I did was just a quick go at it. The owner now realizes what has to happen with his paint and has his work cut out for him.

If you are close and missed this, you missed a good one. There were a lot more folks than I expected and we had a blast. :D

I want to thank A.J. for the great demo on my car... the 'trashed' S4! I was really able to pick up a lot of knowledge that I was not aware of and technique I plan to put to good use to make my baby shine again. I have been doing a lot of head-turning back at my black car... even if it was in that one spot! :drool:

Those that really know me will know I maintain my cars/motorcycles extremely well... While this has mainly been focused to my mechanical and fabrication skills I plan to expand on it and make the car look as good as it goes! For those not in the know, my S4 is a track car that also sees a lot of daily use. It develops just shy of 440 whp/440wtq, and will stand up and surprise a lot of people. :burnout:

P.S. I've known that S4 for many years as it used to belong to another aquantaince. I couldn't believe how trashed it was. Made me cringe.

Hey thanks for the props on my car's paint :thumbsup: and it was nice meeting you too! Unfortunately the paint has been in that condition since I purchased it. We all have to start somewhere, and I figured learning from The Junkman was my best chance! Can't wait to make my car shine!

My many thanks go again to AJ! :cheers:

6460294513_5dc3c2ae9c_b.jpg

6460300957_af85b21514_b.jpg

6460304199_001582304a_b.jpg

6460313547_df597584c0_b.jpg

Enjoyed meeting you too.

It is Brilliant Black, right? I don't recall another Black variant offered on the '00 S4.

Almost looks like the Volcano black metallic or similar in that corrected pic; there's so much red in it.

It's going to be beautiful when fully corrected.....as beautiful as under the hood. :burnout:

That stage 3 put my old stage 2+ S4 to shame and mine was no slouch. Still miss that car.

ds1-charcoaltint.jpg

Hey, what Audi forum are you guys on? I need to come visit you all after that showing you all made at the clinic.

The two main ones:

www.quattroworld.com

www.audiworld.com

(audiworld was the main one, but was bought out a couple of years ago, and most of the die-hards splintered when the originator of audiworld started quattroworld. Oh the drama! LOL)

The two regional sites/forums:

www.audiclubga.com (a paid membership club that does ~quarterly events and such. I think most of the audi folks there at the clinic are members. I'm not, but have been in the past.)

quattroworld.com Forums: SouthEast

Plus each of the two has a forum specific to detailing, mostly sponsored by Phil at DetailersDomain, an Adam's vendor.

quattroworld.com Forums: Auto Detailing

Auto Detailing Discussion - AudiWorld Forums

I first started with those detailing forums, but once I found your videos and the Adam's forums/videos/webstie, I just go to the Audiforums for maintenance info (and general frivolty). There's just 100x more info on the Adam's site for detailing, plus more detailing fanatics! My type of folks.

It is Brilliant Black, right?

It is brilliant black... I was surprised as well to see all that red color there.

Hey, what Audi forum are you guys on? I need to come visit you all after that showing you all made at the clinic.

95% of the Audi people there you will find on Quattroworld in the southeast region forum SouthEast. Again - glad I came across this event/forum!

Wow what a turnout! And thank you everyone for your generosity with all those toys! As you can see the box was over flowing by the end of the clinic. I really can't thank you all enough. I have a few pics I snapped of the crowd and of Steve and AJ who did such an amazing job with this event. Already looking forward to the next one :D

6462183009_548beb9981_z.jpg

6462182891_e23be025b9_z.jpg

6462183411_218b72bfe4_z.jpg

6462183155_7922a91354_z.jpg

Nice work on the scratch junkman. Looks like you had a good turn out :thumbsup:

We did, and we had some real good crowd participation. I was really tickled with that kid, he couldn't have been 5 years old but he was all up in my work! He was so precious! He was inspecting my work and one time, he asked to see my light so that he could get a better look!

That was classic! :lolsmack:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived