Customer Service 866.965.0400

Silverado or Tundra or Titan.....

Grubrunner

Wife took ownership of the Tahoe yesterday after we sold her CRV the day before.

I need to get rid of my 2006 Colorado as it was the worst investment on a vehicle I ever made.

I want to go back to a full-size pickup and get one [new] by the year's end to take advantage of the end-of-year sales/specials, and before the crappy weather really hits.

After researching for almost a month, I've narrowed it down to the trucks in the thread title only. Gas mileage is not an issue nor is towing or payload capability as it will be an every day driver that will tow nothing and haul nothing more than mulch/top soil in spring and the odd bits-n-pieces now and then. What is of major concern, is ride/comfort and reliabilty.

Would appreciate any feedback/comments/concerns/opinions on those who own one of the models listed or anyone who has any experience.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May I ask why the Colorado was the worst investment you ever made? Was it the ride, performance, what?

I don't want to trash the vehicle here because I know another member recently purchased a new one, so out of respect to him I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Let's just say it was not suited to me and that it was nothing like I thought it would be. I blame nobody but myself for the purchase though. In all the years I've been buying/selling/swaping cars, it's the only car I purchased blindly. No research, no opinions and no trst drive prior to purchasing.

Purely purchased on appearence and the Chevy name.

Oh and I have put 150,000 miles on my Silverados in the past 6 years and have spent about $300 on extra maintenance items. That's not counting oil/tires, I'm talking about things you wouldn't expect to go bad any time soon. They are very reliable, the 2006 had a few little issues, but the 2011 has been great now for the year that I've had it.

Ah gotcha, totally understandable. Have you considered Ford or Dodge? Just wondering. Haha obviously others on the forum are huge fans of the Silverado!

I've always been a Ford truck man but the new models are IMHO horrendeous in appeareance.

Never liked the Dodge full size trucks after two family members have had nothing but re-occuring drivetrain issues over many years.

I know what you mean about the Chevy Silverado fans on these pages. They're a great truck in many areas. They're also a pickup version of my '11 Tahoe which I swear is one of the finest vehicles I've ever owned, so I agree with them. I'm just not too into their exterior appearence.

I'm actually slightly leaning towards the Tundra slightly. Drove one for about 1500-miles recently in California and was very, very impressed in just about every way.

Just fishing for feedback from owners.

Being a valet parker i have driven every truck out there. And i still come back to the silverado. Doesnt have the spazaz as other out there but i like it because it runs good and is one of the few that is still simplistic to operate and work on. And is noticlable cheaper than foeirgn makers. Only downfall is interior material in my eyes.

I very interested to see the new silverado that is coming for 2013:xfingers:

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/STMuQXVuqs0" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Yeah, I've watched a tonne of those types of clips. They're great viewing although somewhat biased.

No doubt the Chevy is a great truck.

Just for chits-n-giggles, I'll raise you -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4uH_qnCCBY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

never been a real truck fan, but the silverado would get my vote, have a friend that has a titan and that thing is a beast but also pays for maintenance alot i guess. Silverado is dependable and gets the job done, may not be the prettiest truck out there but to me trucks like that are not for looks and for doing work. Trucks like escalade ext and the SS are for looks, silverado is beast mode. even though I'd go with the ram and get my hemi ;) haha

if i had a do over i woulda picked the sierra over the silverado, purely on looks. but none were available in my area with the options i wanted, at the price i wanted to pay, so i went with the silverado. i'm more than happy, although i can see myself "upgrading" when the new body style comes out in 3 or 4 years.

if i had a do over i woulda picked the sierra over the silverado, purely on looks. but none were available in my area with the options i wanted, at the price i wanted to pay, so i went with the silverado. i'm more than happy, although i can see myself "upgrading" when the new body style comes out in 3 or 4 years.

The Tundra is a great truck.. I used to sell Toyota.. the new Tundra has a lot of nice little features that really add to the quality.. they are also an extremely comfortable ride..

with that said, I'm a GM guy, I want a Tahoe, would take a Silverado..

If I was buying I'd go with the Tundra. I like the feel of them better then a Silverado (never drove a Titan). My Dad's Silverado's steering was always a lot lighter then I like. I prefer a tighter steering cars where I can feel the road more.

Of course I am Bias but I think the Silverado is a much much better Truck.

I am not a fan of the looks of the Tundra or Titan, and there is just something wrong with a full size Japaneese Truck. To the the Titan is just not a real full size truck, and I think the only thing the Tundra has going for it is the Engine has quite a bit of power.

If you get the Silverado make sure it has the 5.3L! The 4.8L is not a very good engine it has less power and gets worse MPGs. The 6.2L is a beast and would be my engine of choice, but they are harder to find.

Are you looking at getting a Regular Cab, Extended Cab, or Crew Cab?

You may also want to check out the GMC Sierra. IMO they are better looking that the Silverado

If I were to rank all the full size trucks based on performance, capability, features, looks, quality etc.... This is what I would say

GMC

Chevy

Ford

Toyota

Dodge

Nissan

Archived