Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can I put BG and Americana on top of BG and Americana??

doggman

Question

About 5 or 6 weeks ago I ran thru the gambit with Dawn wash, clay bar, SHR, FMP, FMW, followed by BG and Americana. Our car club is invited to display our cars Saturday as part of an Open House. Was thinking about a wash and then a coat of BG and Americana on top. Any issues with this plan? I also have on hand Revive and Buttery. Am I ok with the original plan, or should I mix in some of the other products? Sorry for the short notice, as I'm getting started in the morning, but got to wondering if I was taking a good approach. By the way, the car is red. Don't need to be concours ready, but it's the first time I've been around the other guys in the club with this car. And yep, will post pictures after I'm done. Thanks for your help, everyone!!!! :2thumbs:

13 answers to this question

Cool, thanks. Any concern about protection? That's why I was thinking about the Americana on top. Thanks.

Another layer of Americana should be ok. But, believe it or not, too much Americana can be a bad thing! It can start to cloud when there are too many layers of wax applied, so probably want to keep to 3 layers or less. The good news is you cannot have too much BG!

Like its been said, you can put BG on top of your other layers. It will look GREAT. Just keep in mind that BG does not have long term durability. A top coat of BG is said to degrade the wax layer below (although for a show car, I've never been concerned and the WOW factor is worth any minor degrading).

if you got time for both then do it. Won't hurt.

True.

Apart from over-applying Adam's In-n-Out Spray, I can't think of any other Adam's product [off the top of my head] that would be classified as "overkill" the more it's applied.

Increased protection, longevity and appearence can never be a bad thing.

To add onto Michael's suggestion, constantly adding BG on top of Americana without rewaxing can thin it out eventually giving you no protection.

Thanks, this is why I was checking with everyone. I was thinking just the BG would be only temporary because of this. Next nice weekend, I'll try to take everything off and reapply to hold me to spring. (Hopefully, we will have one.)

Now, it's off to the driveway for a wash/dry, BG (if I have time, maybe on the wheels as well) and then Americana.

Thanks to everyone for your help!!!! :2thumbs:

I did a detail much like yours back in Aug. Since that time I have washed the car, used the Waterless Wash, Detail Spray and a few coats of Brilliant Glaze. I have not added any more Americana as the bead factor is still great. That is what I watch for. when the water does not bead up as intensely as normal, I will added another coat of the Americana after a coat of the glaze.

My car is not a true daily driver, so that helps keep the shine longer.

I did a detail much like yours back in Aug. Since that time I have washed the car, used the Waterless Wash, Detail Spray and a few coats of Brilliant Glaze. I have not added any more Americana as the bead factor is still great. That is what I watch for. when the water does not bead up as intensely as normal, I will added another coat of the Americana after a coat of the glaze.

My car is not a true daily driver, so that helps keep the shine longer.

Here lately I've been driving the car about 75% of the time. Not the plan, but the way it has worked out. Was doing the car today in between a few sprinkles and yes, it was still beading pretty well. However, after the BG I had the time so added a thin coat of Americana. I'll take a few pictures tomorrow at the event. Hopefully, one day, I can get my "new" '07 VR vert looking as good as your C5. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the feedback.

Archived