Customer Service 866.965.0400

First wash after wax

chrys7

Question

Today is Friday and I will be washing the beast (Challenger SRT8 392) today! LOL

I already have a coat of Glaze and Americana from last week.

Question after the wash do I avoid detail spray? i read the spray and americana dont play nice and i dont want to take the wax off.

23 answers to this question

This is probably for Dylan; correct me if I am wrong. Does DS have the PH nuetralizing properties that the car shampoo does? I am not sure where I got that. I am under the understanding that one of the reasons to spray the vehicle with DS after a wash is to nutralize the water standing on the car before it dries, thus eliminating water spots.

Am I worng on this?

Correct. I was simply saying, that in my process, I prefer DS as the Drying Agent because I am the kinda guy that typically does a DS wipedown (or used to before combining steps) after the SS was dry.

I use WW more for pre-treating door jambs and the like during the wash process, then WW for what it's designed for the rest of the time.

Mook

Gotcha.

Everyone has their preferred item to use. I use the WCW as a drying agent and to do door jams like Mook. I don't use detail spray because it's a bit more expensive and I usually only use it with my claybar/polishing/ and to wipe down the truck when needed.

Yes, but if you have a good coat of wax [protectant] on your vehicle, then using a drying agent without "shine" properties [Adam's Waterless Wash] should not be of concern.

Correct?

Correct. I was simply saying, that in my process, I prefer DS as the Drying Agent because I am the kinda guy that typically does a DS wipedown (or used to before combining steps) after the SS was dry.

I use WW more for pre-treating door jambs and the like during the wash process, then WW for what it's designed for the rest of the time.

Mook

I do not think using WW is going to detract from the gloss factor of your vehicle, regardless of which wax or sealant or none at all for that matter.

All some of us DS fans are saying is that DS enhances or "adds to" your gloss factor, giving the shine an extra "pop".

I'll try to take a night shot of my Mustang that I just washed using DS as a drying agent and you tell me what you think. I've been meaning to do this, cause I swear the paint looks dripping wet with headlights focused on it.:drool:

The bonus of using the DS though, is that if you are good on your waxes and glazes on your paint, you can help preserve that shine and add a little pop with the DS. As opposed to the WW, where it's strictly a waterless cleaner. There is not any shine property in it.

Yes, but if you have a good coat of wax [protectant] on your vehicle, then using a drying agent without "shine" properties [Adam's Waterless Wash] should not be of concern.

Correct?

There is nothing wrong with using DS or WW as a Drying Agent.

The bonus of using the DS though, is that if you are good on your waxes and glazes on your paint, you can help preserve that shine and add a little pop with the DS. As opposed to the WW, where it's strictly a waterless cleaner. There is not any shine property in it.

WW does "trap" particles better I will give you that. Personally, I went back to DS as the Drying Agent so I can skip an additional DS wipedown and help me avoid putting down BG on my paint EVERY wash :lolsmack:

Mook

Since I've been using Adams products soley on my car, I have always used a light spritz of DS over my pool rinsed wet car before drying and this process has lengthened the life of my wax. I did this all last winter and my Americana lasted till spring. Granted, I only drove the car minimal miles to and from work and it stayed garaged on storm days.

My experience with DS is that it neutralizes to some degree hardness in the water and adds a micro touch of carnuba wax too. If it dries on a spot of the car it is no big deal to lightly buff it out with a micro soft towel.

I'm in the other camp on the WW. I only use it as a pre-wash, after light foaming the car with a thin layer of Adams shampoo. Chris turned me on to this and it works incredibly.

There is nothing wrong with using DS or WW as a Drying Agent.

WW does "trap" particles better I will give you that. Personally, I went back to DS as the Drying Agent so I can skip an additional DS wipedown and help me avoid putting down BG on my paint EVERY wash :lolsmack:

Mook

I honestly believe the Waterless Wash works better.... and I've tried both.

It "tacks" itself better to the the car - doesn't "trickle" like the Detail Spray does - thereby letting you enjoy more work-time. I use to have to spray the Detail Spray one panel at a time and immediately follow with a wipe. Since switching to the Waterless Wash, I now can spray the entire one side of the vehicle and wipe following.

Streak-free brillaint finish.... dried!

Added bonus: anything you may have missed during the wash process, the Waterless Wash is very forgiving.

I'm sold on this product.

Cool thx guys! I washed D-sprayed the Car and dryed then glazed the car.

I washed the Engine today for the first time was very nervous but did what Adam did in the video sprayed APC let it sit for a few secs then fired up the beast and sprayed the engine down then closed hood so heat can dry it up then SVRT and In and out sprayed the engine.

DS and Americana only have (isolated) issues when the applications are close together.... and even then it isn't every time. The conditions just have to be right for them to get funky.

If your application of Americana is fully cured then there is absolutely no reason why you couldn't use DS.

Archived