Customer Service 866.965.0400

Keeping new tires looking new?

Carolinaboy

Question

So I just ordered a set of Goodyear Duratracs for my truck. I was wondering how y'all keep your tires staying black?

I know on my last two vehicles that if I didn't keep up with cleaning the tires they would get that funky brown color. I'm sure that it had to do with the tire dressing I used to use (not SVRT).

So do you guys just keep up with the routine and that keeps them from getting nasty?

ALSO: I saw on Dylan's Youtube channel that there are new "foamer" spray heads, they look great because it seems to give the cleaning agent a clinging feature and would work great for wheels & tires. Are those available for purchase?

20 answers to this question

Also, I use either Machine Super Sealant or Brilliant Glaze on my wheels to keep brake dust off. BG really makes chrome wheels pop, esp if they've been hit with Metal #1 and #2.

If you like your tires extra glossy, hit them with Undercarriage Spray after VRT. Remove all excess.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm learning about Adam's products, so bear with me.

This was a question I had when I watched the VRT/tires video so it looks like here is a good place to ask it.

The all purpose cleaner removes wax. I have clearcoated wheels that I wax. If you spray the tires with all purpose cleaner, aren't you worried about removing the wax on your wheels?

Rick, welcome to the forum!! :welcomebanner:

Great question! Yes, the all purpose cleaner will remove any wax that you apply to the wheels.

One of our cars has chromed wheels that I tend to wax and on that car I try to be careful with the APC on the tires. When rinsing the wheels I look for the beading action on the wheels and if the beading action is gone or lessening than I know I need to re-wax the wheel.

Generally I don't use APC on the tires every wash, just every month or so in order to remove any built up brake dust. Obviously each car will have differing amounts of brake dust generated and the amount of miles driven will affect how often you will need to use APC.

:cheers:

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm learning about Adam's products, so bear with me.

This was a question I had when I watched the VRT/tires video so it looks like here is a good place to ask it.

The all purpose cleaner removes wax. I have clearcoated wheels that I wax. If you spray the tires with all purpose cleaner, aren't you worried about removing the wax on your wheels?

A scrub of the sidewalls with APC and a brush, and a coat of SVRT after they have dried, and you are good to go. I've used nothing but that (VRT or SVRT) for the last year or so and tires have never showed any color but black. If you want more gloss, do a 2nd coat of SVRT, and if you like less gloss than you see after application, a gently wipe with a clean lint free cloth (old T shirt) will reduce the gloss to a satin finish.

If you have older rotors and pads- don't you have to replace rotors if u get ceramic pads so you don't get chatter?

I clean tires once every two weeks...depends on how many miles u drive...maybe once I month ok. Doing this I have not seen a brown tire! APC is the bomb diggidty!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Not to my knowledge....there are a bunch of guys running ceramics on Factory F150 rotors

Tires are looking great by doing the mentioned steps in here :banana:

Yeah I have Wagner Thermoquiets but I opted for the Semi-Metallic (IIRC)

I was misinformed that Ceramic Pads would hurt my factory rotors (not the case)

If you have older rotors and pads- don't you have to replace rotors if u get ceramic pads so you don't get chatter?

I clean tires once every two weeks...depends on how many miles u drive...maybe once I month ok. Doing this I have not seen a brown tire! APC is the bomb diggidty!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Brake dust can be lessened by installing ceramic brake pads. I just replaced the pads on my truck with LTS hawk performance pads and have like them. They also make ceramic pads which are the ones that make the least brake dust. This will decrease the browning of your tires, as I believe that brown is brake dust that accumulates over time.

Always clean your tires thorougly with an all-purpose [Adam's All Purpose Cleaner] and tire brush [Adam's Fender & Tire Brush] every time you wash your vehicle.... every time.

Done!

This depends on how much brake dust your truck creates. APC will remove the old brake dust and old gel from the tires.

I only have to use APC every month or so on the tires and reapply SVRT. But then my cars don't get many miles on them.

Archived