Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to correct spoilers

ChargerMatt

Question

18 answers to this question

It sounds like the amount of pressure isn't the issue. I've never found myself in a situation where I've had to "press down" so hard. That car doesn't even look to be in bad shape??? I would think all you would need is some SHR & orange pad, followed by FMP & white pad. And with the recommended 9-14lbs. of pressure you should be good. I don't know how hard you THINK you need to press down, but I'm guessing it's not as hard you would think, lol.

(PS- I think your exhaust tip is very excited to see me)

LOL it is.

Anyway, the recommended pressure is right about when it barely spins.... right?

Just a thought, could you make some micofiber covered support blocks

to place between the body and the spoiler at the center and on each end.

That would give you some support to lessen the flex of the spoiler.:)

Not a bad idea!

I knew that 9 pack of block foam applicators was a good idea!

Be careful with your spoiler. First of all, you are NOT going to get it perfect. Spoilers are notorious for paint problems. You could make it look much much worse trying to get all the micro-scratches out. I would only use FMP and then only a light pass or two. Finish it off with some BG and Americana.

If you use the drill make sure you follow up with PC & 4" Focal Pads.:thumbsup:

heh yeah I found that out first hand after trying to get a scratch out... no success. Anyway, those holograms are scary when you first see them, like omg what did I do to my paint?!

It sounds like the amount of pressure isn't the issue. I've never found myself in a situation where I've had to "press down" so hard. That car doesn't even look to be in bad shape??? I would think all you would need is some SHR & orange pad, followed by FMP & white pad. And with the recommended 9-14lbs. of pressure you should be good. I don't know how hard you THINK you need to press down, but I'm guessing it's not as hard you would think, lol.

That's funny I don't care who you are!!!

I've also had success with the 4" focus pads. Initially I went at it 3-4 different times with no success but finally tweaked my technique a bit and bam..no more scratches on my spoiler. 2 proper passes with the green pad and SSR and finish pass with the white and fmp.

Archived