Customer Service 866.965.0400

New grill came today

GGEVOXFTMFW

My p's wanted something to get me for christmas, and so this is what I picked. Couldnt beat the price of $199. Im going to swap bow ties, and probably order up the carriage works black billet piecs to cover the chrome pieces. Though I want to see how the chrome insert pieces look first. Enjoy-

003-14.jpg

Edited by GGEVOXFTMFW

Very nice....I like it better than the original one...not a fan of the flashy crome

Thanks, I also have the lower piece coming to get rid of that chrome piece below the grill as well. Also the 2010+ have that mouth opening, so I will be going with a pre 2010 piece with no mouth/opening. Was never a fan of that mouth from day one. Should look great.

Edited by GGEVOXFTMFW

i like it. i was going to ask for one too, for christmas, but since the new 2012 came out, i think i'll hold off until i can get the 2012 grille pre-painted as an accessory.

for the chrome bumper, those don't come pre-painted? were you just going to get a primed one? last time i did this on my old truck, and the body shop said they can paint right over the chrome. if i get the new grille, i was just thinking of having my chrome bumper painted white, instead of buying a new, primed one.

That's gonna look sweet!!!!:2thumbs:

Thanks!

i like it. i was going to ask for one too, for christmas, but since the new 2012 came out, i think i'll hold off until i can get the 2012 grille pre-painted as an accessory.

for the chrome bumper, those don't come pre-painted? were you just going to get a primed one? last time i did this on my old truck, and the body shop said they can paint right over the chrome. if i get the new grille, i was just thinking of having my chrome bumper painted white, instead of buying a new, primed one.

The chrome bumper are not available prepainted, so you either pay $200-300 for the gm one primered, or like mine $90 for a knock off for the same thing. Reason I'm doing all this is my body shop wouldnt even let me have them paint either the grill or bumper when I inquired last year. He said itll just flake away, and chip like no tomorrow because its impossible to 100% prep it with the chrome finish. I was debating on getting a all black WT grill, and bumper piece, but the 199 was cheaper than spending $75-100 on used WT grill, then paying for paint.

I like it!! :thumbsup:

Thanks T

Edited by GGEVOXFTMFW

Yup! Much better! The one thing I don't like about the full size Chevy's is the side panels are body color matched and the inside is chrome. The side pieces look out of place IMO.

This will tidy up the front!

Good call!

Personally, I'd have them covered in clear vinyl, so they don't get beat up.

Chris

Yup! Much better! The one thing I don't like about the full size Chevy's is the side panels are body color matched and the inside is chrome. The side pieces look out of place IMO.

This will tidy up the front!

Good call!

Personally, I'd have them covered in clear vinyl, so they don't get beat up.

Chris

I like it.

Thanks guys, the lower piece came in yesterday, and I will be dropping it off to be painted monday. Quoted me $300 to paint it, and the labor to remove the stock one, and reinstall the painted one, and the new grill. So should have both the grilll and bumper bar piece on next week.

thats not too bad a price. i think half that is labor.

when i installed fog lights on my truck, it took 30 minutes to take the bumper off, 15 minutes to disassemble/reassemble it, and 15 minutes to put it back on the truck with hand tools. then another hour for wiring, etc.

it is alot easier than it seems

IIRC, 8 tabs on the radiator cover, 4 bolts for the grille, 4 big bolts for the bumper, and its off. if i had to do it again i bet i can do it in half the time.

thats not too bad a price. i think half that is labor.

when i installed fog lights on my truck, it took 30 minutes to take the bumper off, 15 minutes to disassemble/reassemble it, and 15 minutes to put it back on the truck with hand tools. then another hour for wiring, etc.

it is alot easier than it seems

IIRC, 8 tabs on the radiator cover, 4 bolts for the grille, 4 big bolts for the bumper, and its off. if i had to do it again i bet i can do it in half the time.

Ya If wasnt putting the lower piece on I would have done the grill myself, its pretty easy, but I heard the bumper piece can be a PITA? If you say its that easy I might just have him paint it, and do it all myself, and see what price he quotes me. Ive had the rad cover off a few times already to get at the bow tie.

Thanks, I also have the lower piece coming to get rid of that chrome piece below the grill as well. Also the 2010+ have that mouth opening, so I will be going with a pre 2010 piece with no mouth/opening. Was never a fan of that mouth from day one. Should look great.

I agree. The only thing I didn't like bout my truck. But I think it looks better with just the upper and lower grill inserts IMO. I am going to buy the upper and lower black billet grilles due to the fact that its almost $100 for that opening on the bumper and like I said it just looks better with no billet there to me.