Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams products and the Cold

Diggerdan11

Question

So i have found a lot of information on here about how Adams product do in the heat, but I have not see anything about the cold.

I keep my Adams product in the non insulated Garage. This summer The hottest temp got to about 87 (which was cooler than my house). This winter I think the temp inside my garage will easily get into the teens. Should i be worried abou my products?

18 answers to this question

Damn, Ok thanks

My wife is going to kill me. My plan this weekend is to get a bunch of stuff out of the house and put it in the garage. My wife is going to be angry that Im going to have to bring my Adams stuff inside.

I think this spring I will insulate my garage so I can keep it at a better temp

Damn, Ok thanks

My wife is going to kill me. My plan this weekend is to get a bunch of stuff out of the house and put it in the garage. My wife is going to be angry that Im going to have to bring my Adams stuff inside.

I think this spring I will insulate my garage so I can keep it at a better temp

Let her know the alternative is you let it all freeze, then spend a bunch of money in the spring to replace it :D

Let her know the alternative is you let it all freeze, then spend a bunch of money in the spring to replace it :D

Lol. Great idea Dylan. She is all about saving money. I will just have to tell her I will have to spend hundreds of dollars replacing them. Lol

Why not heat your garage?:rockon:

Been thinking about it. Right now its a dirt floor garage with no insulation, so trying to heat it would be a major waste of money. I have been thinking about insulating it this winter so I have a warmer place to do some woodworking. Im re-modeling my kitchen this spring. So i will need a place to do work.

Glad this thread was started. I had worries about that too. Lucky there is a spare room at my mom's house. Can't wait to invest in a house of my own though, so I'm not hearing bout how half of the room is stockpiled with Adam's products. Every time an Adam's box arrived at the front door she would sigh and ask how much more there is gonna be lol.

On a side note. Is there any specific temperature that would be harmful if a vehicle was detailed at or below 40? I'm doing a full correction on her Genesis when I come home for leave and it's the only thing im "iffy" on.

Edited by Frid

On a side note. Is there any specific temperature that would be harmful if a vehicle was detailed at or below 40? I'm doing a full correction on her Genesis when I come home for leave and it's the only thing im "iffy" on.

Check out this thread Matt - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/14677.htm

As an added bonus, when it gets too cold to detail a car outside, it is fun to see what you can detail inside the house. Glass cleaner and sealent in the bathroom, APC in the kitchen, claybar the glass stove top, detail spray on.....well everything, carpet and uphostry cleaner on the carpet, and much much more. You might turn her into a fan and have a reason to buy more in the spring anyway. And the house does smell oh so good with the detail spray.

About to be time for the big spring detail. Still have a full stock of products from last summer but while I was at college my parents put them in an uninsulated storage container for the winter :mad:

The only thing I'm really concerned about are the polishes. It never really got below freezing this winter it was pretty mild in Maryland. They look ok in the bottle as far as I can tell. What do you guys think?

About to be time for the big spring detail. Still have a full stock of products from last summer but while I was at college my parents put them in an uninsulated storage container for the winter :mad:

The only thing I'm really concerned about are the polishes. It never really got below freezing this winter it was pretty mild in Maryland. They look ok in the bottle as far as I can tell. What do you guys think?

i remember a post Dylan made about what each product looks like if its gone bad, but i can't find it. if he doesn't chime in, send him an email at dylan@adamspolishes.com and he'll take care of ya! :cheers: